May 15, 2024, 06:31 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Vorgensen's Minimiser

Started by superrichi1a, Oct 21, 2010, 10:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

superrichi1a

Oct 21, 2010, 10:34 am Last Edit: Jul 10, 2011, 02:41 pm by superrichi1a
I went to Doctor Who Live last night (and I'm not going to reveal any spoilers about story etc.), but the whole time I was thinking. "Vorgensen's glove-thing, that'd be a fun little prop to build in my spare time and for almost no-cash!". I took some pictures of it when Nigel Planner (Vorgensen) was standing close to my seat just before the interval of the show, but because your not-allowed flash the pics are too blurry to use, anyone got any others they could pop up here?
It's not going to be a very accurate replica, I think the best I'm going to get in a few hours of spare time and a small budget is a glove with card glued to it and some LED's stuck on, but if anyone has a better idea I'd be glad to hear it... :DDoctor-Who---Photocall-006.jpg
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Rassilons Rod

Oct 21, 2010, 12:47 pm #1 Last Edit: Oct 21, 2010, 12:50 pm by rassilonsrod
I haven't seen this Doctor Who live, but for some reason your description is making me think: The Inquisitor's Time Gauntlet... :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

lswl

From what you've said, it kinda sounds like Michael Jackson's glove with leds instead of sequence on it, don't know if this will help you, but who knows?

superrichi1a

It was more like Rassilon's glove, I think, but in black, made out of leather and plastic, with LEDs. In fact, I finished the Minimiser a while back, but, in true "me" spirit, promptly forgot where I left it. I was thinking of getting rid of this thread, but I'm hoping I'll find it sooner or later so I can put up some pictures ;)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Teletran

Feb 13, 2011, 03:43 pm #4 Last Edit: Feb 13, 2011, 03:49 pm by Teletran
off topic but did anyone else notice that Rassilon from the end of time was wearing the resurrection gloves from torchwood?
(http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1360/omni02g.jpg)

superrichi1a

Were they the same glove or prop? Or were they totally different? I've long had this idea in my head that the 1st Ressurection Glove is in fact Rassilon's gauntlet, and the 2nd could be another one he had. But, it never seemed pheisable. I think that they simply ressembled each other, and had no connections.
Prop wise, does anyone know anything else about them? Perhaps it was the same prop? I dunno. I've long wanted to make a Rassilon gauntlet.