News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Invasion Of Time Sontaran Gun Stick Build

Started by elkad, Jun 21, 2021, 05:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

Jun 21, 2021, 05:22 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2021, 06:38 am by Rassilons Rod
Reference: https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7647.0

I used another battery case I made to mark out were the button & battery would fit the wiring, or lack of, to save space.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (1).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (2).jpg

I used a 5/8 dowel to mold a section of PVC for a battery sheath over the trigger button & handle. I had trouble gluing it because I cut the PVC to short. So, I sanded the two ends flat & cut a slice of PVC to fit in the gap.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (3).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (4).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (9).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (10).jpg

I cut a peace of 1/2 PVC to stencil a wall for the battery elements. I also had to cut a hole to make room for the bottom wire.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (6).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (7).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (8).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (11).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (12).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (15).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (13).jpg

I cut a hole in the bottom of the handle to make room for the wire & battery's.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (14).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (16).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (17).jpg

I use a thin plastic hanger to stencil a handle grip on PVC & made two sections. I tried to make a one peace grip, but I had trouble trying to slide it into both holes on ether side of the handle.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (18).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (20).jpg

I cut a peace of 1/2 PVC, cut that in half & molded it around the 4/8 dowel to make a brace for the handle grips. I made sure the brace tabs were flush up against the battery handle sleeve.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (19).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (21).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (22).jpg

I should have made the grips closer to the battery pack. I held the gun & the handle was a bit long to just get in the palm of my hand without slipping out. I fix that problem later in my Blueprint Measurements. I also cut tab holes in the sleeve to slide on the grips & so it doesn't slide around.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (23).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (29).jpg

I made some sample emitters from some 5/8 dowel to see how to lathe the emitter profile. Best to start with the back tab that fits in the barrel, then the head.
Let me know, witch one of these two look closer to the prop?

Invasion Sontaren Gun (24).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (25).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (26).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (27).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (28).jpg

russellsuthern

Nice work...

SONTAR-  HA!!!!!

;D

Russ

elkad

I painted my gun & put a temporary emitter light cover on the barrel until I get my acrylic rod in the mail.
This could be an option if you don't have the rod yourself. :)

Invasion Sontaren Gun (30).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (31).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (32).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (33).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (34).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (35).jpg

elkad

I just got my 5/8 rod in the mail. I marked out the sections with my pipe cutter. Cut, lathe & drill hole for LED. (When lathing the emitter, start with the end that pugs in the barrel, then the tip. Its difficult to clamp the lath on a cone shape.)

Invasion Sontaren Gun (36).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (37).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (38).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (39).jpg

I gave it a replaceable LED.

Invasion Sontaren Gun (43).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (41).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (42).jpgInvasion Sontaren Gun (40).jpg

Davros Skaro

Jun 25, 2021, 03:40 am #4 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2021, 06:39 am by Rassilons Rod
WOW, you've done a great job on this, something I've thought of doing, but not got into yet.
Well done.
Chris.

fivefingeredstyre

Cardinal Hordriss

Another fantastic build you've taken in your stride lol.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

elkad

13drwho