New, New TardisBuilders!

8th Doctor's Console for WHOseum

Started by amachielson, Apr 21, 2013, 02:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FloppyDiskNinja

Indeed you did make great progress!

Looks great!  ;D

superrichi1a

Incredible! Are you building the framework and buttresses that surround the console too?
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Tempus Fugit

Great Lords of Time! This looks incredible thus far.

Kingpin

Brilliant work, I can't wait to see how you tackle the controls. :)

expendable

Jul 12, 2013, 03:42 am #34 Last Edit: Jul 12, 2013, 03:43 am by expendable
Looking better all the time! Will you be painting the balls for the stand's clawed feet so they're globes?

amachielson

The goal will be to one day build the supports, however they will be scaled down a bit. I also will be painting the globes on the claw feet but just before I attach them.

davidnagel

I love it. I can't imagine the expense though! Good luck.
Regards
David

amachielson

Jul 14, 2013, 02:20 am #37 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2013, 02:20 am by amachielson
I needed to test out my console color. image.jpg

galacticprobe

Jul 14, 2013, 02:49 pm #38 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2013, 02:51 pm by galacticprobe
Might just be the lighting (or my stanky old wizzard (sic) eyes), but it looks a bit too red. The photos of the actual console have it looking more of a reddish-brown (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

If you haven't seen it already, check out the article I transcribed on the restoration of the original. It has loads of great photos of the console in natural light. The article also has links to the person who originally blogged about, and assisted with the restoration: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=3413.msg37434#msg37434.

Hopefully it will be if help with getting the color just right.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

amachielson

Thanks for the suggestion. That color is the base coat before any of the washes or faux finish. Hopefully it will be closer in color when it is complete.

too_many_cars

The original is MDF with a faux-woodgrain paper coating that's close to your typical cherry wood finish.

John Gervais

It could be the lighting but I'm sure you want to go a bit more dark/brown.
"You are a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain." -The Doctor

amachielson

Nov 27, 2013, 02:44 am #42 Last Edit: Nov 27, 2013, 02:44 am by amachielson
Finished console at 50th Anniversary party image.jpg

amachielson

Nov 27, 2013, 02:45 am #43 Last Edit: Nov 27, 2013, 02:47 am by amachielson
image.jpg

geminitimelord

Very nice, i like the movie projection, didnt see any seating.

But i think i speak for the whole board, we would love to see individual photos of each completed box and a few close ups of the console. A lot has been done since your original posts and this effort deserves some good attention!