May 19, 2024, 01:33 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

8th Doctor's Console for WHOseum

Started by amachielson, Apr 21, 2013, 02:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Apr 23, 2013, 04:01 am #15 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2013, 04:01 am by galacticprobe
White PVC and wood. Wow! They did a fantastic job of making it all look like wrought iron. The trusses I can guess how they built them, having done something similar for the seat supports on that old skiff I restored way back when. But the base? That must have required different diameters of PVC, or something else to build up those thicker layers. (I think it's time I re-read that TVM Console Restoration I transcribed... so much info in it!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

the mister

amachielson

Jul 03, 2013, 07:12 pm #17 Last Edit: Jul 03, 2013, 07:19 pm by amachielson
Update on the base and platformimage.jpg

museumdave

Most excellent!

The base is looking great!
Funny I was looking over this post last night wondering how it's coming along.   Thanks for answering my unasked question.  Love it. I am supper envious.  Of the space you have of your builds and vision.

All very cool !

Thanks for sharing

Dave
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

expendable

That's a wonderful base - I especially love the clawed feet. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

galacticprobe

Jul 04, 2013, 06:48 am #20 Last Edit: Jul 04, 2013, 06:48 am by galacticprobe
That is indeed a beautiful base! Bravo!. I wish I had the skill to sculpt, mould, and cast those claw-and-ball feet! (They'd look great on my "Identity Crisis" console idea.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

too_many_cars

Looking good!

I have a spare of the Sonora radio escutcheon that you're welcome to make castings of for the cost of postage (and if I get a couple afterwards).  There also was a mold floating around of the lower "heater grate" panel under the console made a couple of years ago to replace the missing grate on the screen used one - I'll see if I can dig it up next time I'm over at the console prepping it for its next appearance with Sylv McCoy in August.

--Brian

amachielson

Jul 09, 2013, 02:06 am #22 Last Edit: Jul 09, 2013, 02:06 am by amachielson
Flooring on platform complete. image.jpg

FloppyDiskNinja

Great work, that platform is brilliant.  ;D

galacticprobe

Jul 09, 2013, 05:35 am #24 Last Edit: Jul 09, 2013, 05:35 am by galacticprobe
That is an incredible recreation!

Dino.

slidin_sidewayz

Are you building all of this for your own entertainment? Or is there another, more official reason?

timegalaxy5

You might as well say "Yeps, I am making my house a TARDIS"
and throw some couches and a TV in there and call it a day.
That's how good this is so far.

TG5
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

superrichi1a

This series of builds is the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a forum like this. Simple as. :o
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

amachielson

I am building this for my own personal pleasure. I have wanted this since I was 10 years old.

amachielson

Jul 11, 2013, 02:53 am #29 Last Edit: Jul 11, 2013, 02:53 am by amachielson
Made some great progress today!image.jpg