Apr 16, 2024, 11:14 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2005 1/6 SCALE MODEL

Started by astromark, Dec 22, 2010, 06:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

astromark

Dec 22, 2010, 06:42 am Last Edit: Jan 01, 2011, 01:04 pm by Scarfwearer
Hello everyone! I have been lurking for quite a while but I have also been working on this  for my brother's Christmas gift.I plan to build a full size TARDIS but there are currently about 18'' of snow in the backyard so that will have to wait until spring. Anyway, I usually try to do something pretty cool for my brother as a gift and I thought this would be perfect training for the full size build. So I have included a few progress pictures and some finished ones as well. I used mostly 1mm styrene and 3mm PVC sheet for this build.I collected anything and everything I could find for the various parts. I know there are some details that are a little off but I still find myself being very happy with the build. Since I am in Minnesota and he is in Georgia, I figured I would make a box to put the model in for shipping. I have included some pics of that as well. I used a wire brush to achieve the wood grain effect. I think it turned out okay. I hope the detail shows up in these pics.

As an aside, you will see my kitten seemed to like it as well. Happy Holidays to all and happy building.

Mark

scaleprogress.jpg
scalefinished.jpg

Elvis Gump

Bigger pictures! It looks awesome!

astromark

Dec 22, 2010, 07:57 am #2 Last Edit: Dec 22, 2010, 11:16 am by Scarfwearer
I'm such a pillock. Those pictures are rubbish. Maybe these will be better.
scalebox.jpg
scalebuild.jpg
scalebuild1.jpg
scaledoor.jpg
scaledt.jpg
scaledesk.jpg
scalekaylee.jpg
scaleme.jpg
scalepre.jpg
scalephone.jpg

anson

That's rather beautiful!
I love the scale and the quality of the build.

When you say 3mm PVC are you talking about the stuff with the foam interior?

astromark

The PVC sheet I use is expanded sheet. Sintra, Celtec and Komatex are a few of the brand names. It's used a lot in the sign industry for interior signs at the supermarket or department stores. It cuts easily and glues with standard PVC glue or - my favorite - super glue and baking soda.

greatwazoo42

DoctorWho8

That is beautiful.  Character Options has nothing on you.  And the size reminds me of the model made of the TARDIS exterior for the 1996 TV Movie.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

wannabegeorge

What a thing of beauty! I am impressed by your fanatical attention to detail ... truth be told though, the picture with the cat is the most amusing. I'm SURE there's a Doctor Who story in there ...

astromark

Just a quick update - my brother received his TARDIS and said it was the best present ever. I think he likes it. Merry Christmas to all!