Mar 29, 2024, 06:08 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Greenlords custom roundel tutorial - comments

Started by The14thDr, Aug 20, 2016, 05:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Aug 20, 2016, 05:27 pm Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018, 06:10 pm by Scarfwearer
WOW!! :o :o I was expecting maybe a couple of construction photos, and maybe a diagram or two, but a full step-by-step tutorial is even better! ;D
Thank you for posting this, Greenlord (I can't wait to read the second half ;))

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

galacticprobe

Aug 21, 2016, 06:29 am #1 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 06:36 am by galacticprobe
Great info, Greenlord! I also can't wait for the next steps. (Maybe this part - since it's a tutorial on the hexel-roundels, and not part of your console - once you're done with it, it could be split off into its own topic and put in the Tutorial Section, rather than the Console Build Diaries? (Mods? What do you think?)

Quote from: Greenlord on Aug 17, 2016, 02:31 pm
Dino, obscure is certainly the way to define that reference, a number of things went through my head from the 12th doctors sonic to Wallace and gromit...  ???  ;)

;D ;D Maybe I've finally stumped everyone for a change! Here's a hint for where it came from:
Hint.jpg

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

nebula1253

Aug 21, 2016, 07:20 am #2 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 07:23 am by nebula1253
MAX HEADROOM!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH ;D ;D

Bit psychotic, I know :P
Also, lovely console room, Greenlord!

Greenlord

Cheers guys,

The14th doctor, I didn't have any other construction photos,  so I thought i'd recreate a roundel and take some... Its was completely accidental that I ended up writing a guide...  ;D

Dino, that reference still baffles me,  but now puts me in mind of "the time machine"  ???

As for moving the tutorial,  I did have a look around the different topics but couldn't find one where it fitted... Now that you've put the link, is it possible for me to transfer the tutorial as a pose to rewrite it?

Nebula1253,  alls I can say is... Max headroom?  ;D I can't tell if thats another obscure reference *coughdinocough*,  is linked with dinos obscure reference or whether it refers to my TARDIS.... thanks all the same  :)

nebula1253

Aug 21, 2016, 10:29 am #4 Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 03:01 pm by nebula1253
Well, "Max Headroom" is the thing where galacticprobe's obscure reference comes from. (Or at least that's where I think it comes from.)
Also, you're very welcome, Greenlord! :D

galacticprobe

Aug 22, 2016, 04:29 am #5 Last Edit: Aug 22, 2016, 04:42 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Greenlord on Aug 21, 2016, 09:53 am
As for moving the tutorial, I did have a look around the different topics but couldn't find one where it fitted... Now that you've put the link, is it possible for me to transfer the tutorial as a pose to rewrite it?

Greenlord, once you've gotten to the point where you want to relocate the hexel-roundel tutorial, just send a PM to one of the Moderators and ask if they can split this thread into two, and put all of the "How to..." for the roundels into the Tutorial Section, and let them know what you want to title the new thread. It won't have any effect on your Console Build Diary; that will stay the same. You'll just have another thread in the other section that will have only the hexel-roundel info in it. (And maybe now would be a good time for that since you've got a good amount on how to make one of those hexels started; the Mods can split the thread before any new posts on your console get into the mix, which would mean threads would have to be split, and then split again and merged... So for the hexel tutorial, I think this would be the perfect time to ask the Mods to spilt the thread.)

Quote from: Greenlord on Aug 21, 2016, 09:53 am
Nebula1253,  alls I can say is... Max headroom?  ;D I can't tell if thats another obscure reference *coughdinocough*, is linked with dinos obscure reference or whether it refers to my TARDIS.... thanks all the same  :)

Not another obscure reference: nebula got it right first time! (Max Headroom TV series) You can find the original UK pilot episode intact on YouTube. It differs from the US series in some respects, though some of the actors such as those that played Edison Carter/Max, Theora, and "Blank Reg", did return for the US series. (Side note: If "Blank Reg" looks familiar, he is; he was played by W. Morgan Sheppard, who also played the aging Canton Everett Delaware III in the 'Doctor Who' Series 6 opener "The Impossible Astronaut".)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"