May 13, 2024, 09:36 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Lym's "Cavern" TARDIS

Started by lym, May 28, 2018, 02:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lym

May 28, 2018, 02:21 pm Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:24 pm by lymerence
Here's my very first TARDIS interior! I was inspired a lot by the Cavern Club, and I was originally going to do a brick wall look but I felt that would be a little too on-the-nose.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The giant window is actually a 3-dimensional scanner screen, not actually connected to the outside world! I wanted a classic sort of aesthetic, but with very homely furniture (the Hartnell interior, my favourite, especially being the inspiration for that).

I was very apprehensive about doing an interior, mostly because I felt it would be too difficult to make it look good (and because I have no experience in architecture!). But I'm quite happy with how this turned out, and I plan to keep adding to it until it's perfect since there's a lot of stuff to work on still. Sorry for the noisy renders too, my computer isn't exactly a powerhouse.

galacticprobe

May 29, 2018, 05:33 am #1 Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:33 am by galacticprobe
This is beautiful! (Just give that console a plinth and I would really want to live there. I just like my consoles to have some support from below; it's not always good to just rely on the strength of the class column to hold things in place... especially when the ride starts getting rough! ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Mark

This reminds me of a cross between The Phantom of the Opera's underground lair and a Spanish Villa.

I really like your take on the roundels, and that seating area in front of the space windows looks like the kind of place I would love to sit contemplating life.

My only negative comment (and it's only a personal view) are those lights which go down the center of the ceiling. They remind me of the fluorescent strip lights they had in school and offices.

Your renders never cease to amaze me, keep up the great work