Sexy Junior is coming right along!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

evil bob

evil bob

galacticprobe

Sep 17, 2013, 04:58 am #21 Last Edit: Sep 17, 2013, 04:59 am by galacticprobe
I am so wishing I was one of your cats!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

evil bob

Lol thanks Dino!  I get to make the windows now. Very time consuming and tedious.

evil bob

Sep 18, 2013, 12:02 am #23 Last Edit: Sep 18, 2013, 12:10 am by evil bob
Working on the windows.

Strips of wood ripped from .25" birch plywood.

newpic234.jpg

Window making jig.

newpic235.jpg

Jig with pieces in place.

newpic236.jpg

museumdave

Looking ABOSOLUTLY BRILLIANT!

Question for you about learning curve and practicality.  If you were going to do the two build over again, or say if I was thinking of building both a half size and a full size, would you recommend building the 1/2 scale first to work out logistical issues?  or is it pretty much the same difference?

either way

Fantastic build.

Cheers

Dave
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

evil bob

Thanks Dave!
Good question. 20-20 hindsight.  I was working alone so handling the parts was much more difficult on the full size Tardis. Installing the roof was a nightmare.  But the 1/2 scale Tardis has solid posts that aren't square. I've spent way too much time camouflaging the twisting posts. The full size one was straight forward. Both have unique challenges, but If you aren't sure about how things will go together, it's always easier to build a model.

The 1/2 scale one is costing less than $100 in materials while the full size cost > $1000. So it would have been less expensive to find out problems.

The full size one was my first Tardis, but not my first big prop.  I build Halloween props for a hobby and have experience working with wood.

newpic238.jpg

newpic239.jpg

newpic240.jpg

DoctorWho8

And skeleton pirate robots. Don't forget the robots. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

evil bob

galacticprobe

Sep 21, 2013, 04:44 am #29 Last Edit: Sep 21, 2013, 04:45 am by galacticprobe
Love that hearse, evil bob! I'd love to have one of those in front of my house on Halloween. (I'd settle for a new coffin; my old one finally rotted away - lasted about 10 years even constantly exposed to the elements... stored on the back porch in the "off season".)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"