May 19, 2024, 01:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2010 Model Build - NST Mk4

Started by lorisarvendu, Feb 15, 2010, 11:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

if you ever decide to update it, you could print off a basic woodgrain as black lines on white paper and paint over it in a thin blue.

but I have to say, woodgrain aside, you have done another superb job with this model!

...and this coming from a guy who  is not keen on square panels ;)

What do you have lined up next?

-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

lorisarvendu

Quote from: rassilonsrod on May 23, 2010, 08:43 pm
if you ever decide to update it, you could print off a basic woodgrain as black lines on white paper and paint over it in a thin blue.

but I have to say, woodgrain aside, you have done another superb job with this model!

...and this coming from a guy who  is not keen on square panels ;)

What do you have lined up next?

-Marc

Thanks for the positive comments!  Next? Two Yardley Jones models in parallel.  One for a work colleague who grew up with the McCoy era (he doesn't know it yet - it's going to be a surprise, just to see the look on his face  ;D), and the other for myself because I haven't got one, and I'm quite partial to the YJ prop.  Actually the wife doesn't know I'm keeping one yet, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.   ;)

TBH I started on them a couple of months back, but I got TARDIS-block when I got to the cutting out windows stage because I hate that bit and it's quite daunting doing two builds simultaneously.  Thankfully I've had a burst of enthusiasm and finished the windows tonight (and now have sore fingertips from holding the knife so tightly!).

Rassilons Rod

A surprise TARDIS is always cool!

I got one for my birthday (a week early at my surprise party!) :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

lorisarvendu

I've had a brainwave about the lamp.

I've taken it off the top of the box and completely removed those ugly fat wooden struts.  I've pulled apart a couple of coloured paper clips and bent them into little strut shapes.  I've then stripped the plastic from the ends and pushed them into the card at the top and bottom of the lamp.

A couple of pictures tell the story better:

NST-MK3-38.jpg

NST-MK3-39.jpg

I'll have to have my steady hands on for painting it, but I'm quite pleased with this idea!

Borusa

Nice work!  I'm particularly impressed by the level of detail and unformity in the windows.
"You have access to the greatest source of knowledge in the universe."

lorisarvendu

Quote from: Borusa on May 26, 2010, 10:14 pm
Nice work!  I'm particularly impressed by the level of detail and unformity in the windows.

Thanks!

Here's the completed lamp.  It could probably be a bit fatter, but I'm pleased with the result nevertheless.

NST-MK3-40.jpg

type 83

I preferred the darker blue but, meh.

lorisarvendu

Quote from: type 83 on May 28, 2010, 06:29 pm
I preferred the darker blue but, meh.

As a Police Box colour so do I TBH, but I wanted to make it different to Tennant's.  It's still not faithful to the onscreen prop, which has a kind of indigo tint but quite frankly I'm getting sick of painting it now.

It might look a bit better once it's varnished.