Apr 25, 2024, 12:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Steam Punk TARDIS Console

Started by davidnagel, May 01, 2009, 01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

May 01, 2009, 01:52 pm Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010, 09:47 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi there, I thought I'd drop this in here to begin with since it isnt mine and I just discovered while looking around. The first steampunk TARDIS console?

http://douglas442.livejournal.com/
Regards
David

karsthotep

May 01, 2009, 05:16 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010, 06:59 pm by doctoriz
now that is AWESOME.. Wow. now that is some creative and clean work. I love it, thanks for sharing.  Additionally I am going to PM on a question I have.  thanks for the Post David

Karsten
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

DoctorWho8

May 01, 2009, 06:44 pm #2 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010, 06:59 pm by doctoriz
This is proper steam punk, not like the watered down version from the 1996 TV Movie.
Bill Rudloff

timemech

May 15, 2009, 08:47 pm #3 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010, 07:00 pm by doctoriz
A truely magnificent piece of work so far.

Douglas is a member of the ReBuilder forum.  Dont' know if he's made it over here yet.  Hopefully he'll have some updates soon.

Tim L.

celation

May 01, 2009, 02:48 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 25, 2010, 04:41 am by doctoriz
This is just great! Does he know about this site?

I love his panel lamps, they're excellent.

Frankly, though, there aren't enough levers there for my liking.  :P  ;)

dustyfro

Jun 17, 2009, 06:09 am #5 Last Edit: Jan 25, 2010, 04:41 am by doctoriz
Another great example of how creative you console-builders are!  I like the panel with al the dials that's made out of a wood plaque painted shiny!
x Hannah

davidnagel

Jun 24, 2009, 10:05 am #6 Last Edit: Jan 25, 2010, 04:42 am by doctoriz
Oh wow the chap building this has added a 3d representation of what his steampunk may look like...

s640x480.jpg
Regards
David

mordrogyn

Jul 24, 2010, 03:15 pm #7 Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010, 11:13 am by Scarfwearer
I found this to be a very nice and interesting looking build, I'm trying to register over there so I can perhaps message the guy building it and get him over here to show it off.

http://douglas442.livejournal.com/2806.html

I have had to cheat a little to find the latest photos, I found them originally on a different forum, couldn't get them to link in here from there or the original site, so I saved them to redisplay.

34dri1d.jpg

106hmc8.jpg
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

deck5

Quote from: mordrogyn on Jul 24, 2010, 03:15 pm
I found this to be a very nice and interesting looking build, I'm trying to register over there so I can perhaps message the guy building it and get him over here to show it off.

Certainly an impressive bit of work.  Very Jules Verne.

ThisJustinOnline

DoctorWho8

Edward Thomas, eat your heart out.  He even put the typewriter in there and made it more of a part of the console than in the current series.
Bill "the Doctor " Rudloff

geminitimelord

I agree, this console is AWESOME looking in comparison to the crap coral home grown consoles we currently have. This guy put some care into the build that is for sure!

Good find Paul!

Rassilons Rod

I think I saw the beginnings of this console somewhere... The "ball lights" (very reminiscent of the Brachacki console) that are half enclosed in brass are very familliar to me.

This is excellent work. I hope he comes over to show us .)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

I see some has visited Warehouse 13 recently.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

stunning. thanks for posting these pics.

It reminds me of the console seen in the BBV video "Do You Have a Licence to Save This Planet?" with Sylvester McCoy. The console was a 3d render.
Regards
David