Apr 19, 2024, 06:17 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The TVM Console Survived!

Started by darren79, Oct 01, 2009, 03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darren79

Oct 01, 2009, 03:57 pm Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010, 08:20 pm by Scarfwearer
I don't know whether this is known or not but the console survived (though not the time rotor) and is now in private hands in California.

The following video explains all - as well as some lovely shots of the still functioning console.

purpleblancmange

Oct 01, 2009, 04:40 pm #1 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010, 09:20 pm by scarfwearer
Nice find on the video there with some great shots of the console panels and their workings - just goes to show what a lovely prop this is.  The owner must feel like a very lucky boy in deed, I know I would.

We chatted about the survival of this console over in the thread dedicated to the exterior prop from the TV movie.

throgmorton

Oct 01, 2009, 11:34 pm #2 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010, 09:20 pm by scarfwearer
One lucky guy to own that console,

Nice video too very watchable.

Thanks for the link darren79.

Chris E.

DoctorWho8

Oct 02, 2009, 02:32 am #3 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010, 09:20 pm by scarfwearer
Good to hear and see it is alive and well and it confirms what Phil Segal has said over the years. :)  Oh and watch all 5 parts.  There is a lot of Who tech talk with Sonic Screwdriver designs, Cybermen, and Daleks.  Also in the first part, Tara Wheeler gets props for her TARDIS.
Bill Rudloff

avadh

Oct 02, 2009, 09:43 am #4 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010, 09:21 pm by scarfwearer
I am so glad to see the console again in action especially so many years after the 1996 TVM. I wonder what happened to the original time rotor perhaps it was lost after the whole thing was dismantled after production finished on the TVM. Its amazing to see it in such great condition after all these years and the newly constructed rotor looks like an exact replica of the original. So glad to see it again and the owner is very lucky indeed.

greatwazoo42

Oct 02, 2009, 12:19 pm #5 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2010, 09:21 pm by scarfwearer
The world is a better place for that having survived.

phillshaw

In my opinion the McGann TVM console was the best that there has ever been, the feel is great im glad that its still alive!
Peter Cushing + the McGann console room = recipe for success!

Rassilons Rod

Jul 27, 2010, 05:30 pm #7 Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010, 05:32 pm by rassilonsrod
Personally I have always been in love with the 5 Doctors console, though I do have a soft spot for the first ever console, as long as it lasted :)

The thing for the TVM console, for me was that while it worked with the console room (which I do love), is that it just wasn't technical enough for me. Which is bizarre cos I love the wooden finish (as I do on the season 14 console and room). That and the fact that the dimensions just feel wrong :D

Gimme a classic console anyday! :P

It is nice to see this one still up and around though. :)

EDIT: Um... I'm starting to feel I have been rather negative in some my posts today... not intentional :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.