Apr 18, 2024, 04:05 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

New 2010 TARDIS Interior???

Started by geminitimelord, Jan 03, 2010, 04:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

meantimebob

I still think the panels are wasted with barely anything on them. Yet more of that spray on foamy stuff too - ugh.

Really not keen on that blown glass bauble thing either, it looks puny inside that huge column. Where's the rest of the rotor's innards and why doesnt it light up or crackle with plasma or ... you know... do something remotely interesting?

Theta Sigma

Quote from: handofomega on Apr 07, 2010, 03:17 am
My wife had an interesting theory about the changes...  She thinks that the TARDIS borrows bits and pieces of technology from around the area where it is repairing itself.  Using items that can stand in for interface controls to pilot the ship.  I thought her idea was rather clever. ;D

Oh my, if that's true someone is going to be very cross when they go to take a bath.  Someone seems to be missing the brake fluid reservoir from their car too.  Bad TARDIS, that's going to cause an accident!  Oh, and it's hard to play pinball without the ball launcher.
"I just put 1.795372 & 2.204628 together." - 4th Doctor

type_1012_tardis

Quote from: Theta Sigma on Apr 08, 2010, 12:19 am
Quote from: handofomega on Apr 07, 2010, 03:17 am
My wife had an interesting theory about the changes...  She thinks that the TARDIS borrows bits and pieces of technology from around the area where it is repairing itself.  Using items that can stand in for interface controls to pilot the ship.  I thought her idea was rather clever. ;D

Oh my, if that's true someone is going to be very cross when they go to take a bath.  Someone seems to be missing the brake fluid reservoir from their car too.  Bad TARDIS, that's going to cause an accident!  Oh, and it's hard to play pinball without the ball launcher.

It's also possible that the TARDIS is just using junk that the doctor had lying around in various rooms (and he does appear to have alot of junk in that TARDIS).
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

doctordean

Quote from: masteriii on Apr 07, 2010, 03:11 pm
Quote from: Scarfwearer on Apr 07, 2010, 07:36 am
I have this developing theory that the TARDIS has a sense of humour...

I agree whole-heartidly.  I also belive that it is the TARDIS that decides the location/time it wants the doctor to be at/in rather than the other theories (ie there should be six pilots instead of one,the Tardis is malfunctioning (unless you count personality as a malfunction), or the doctor is an incompetent pilot).  The question is "Do all TARDISes have a personality like the Doctor's, or is it that since the doctor has been bonded with his for the past 900 years that it has developed one?  Or possibly that the Doctor's Tardis is an oddity in the universe, like himself.

I think the notion of TARDIS having psychic links with their owner/pilots has been around right through, but the personality question was answered way back when Doctor Peter was showing of his then new console room and said " The TARDIS is more than a machine Teagan, it's like a person. It needs coaxing, persuading, encouraging..."

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: doctordean on Apr 08, 2010, 10:10 am
I think the notion of TARDIS having psychic links with their owner/pilots has been around right through, but the personality question was answered way back when Doctor Peter was showing of his then new console room and said " The TARDIS is more than a machine Teagan, it's like a person. It needs coaxing, persuading, encouraging..."

This reminds me... If I had a decent machine that I could get back into 3D modelling, I have often thought of doing the 5 Doctors era console room and trying to texture it so it looks more modern, but keeping the same vibe... But thinking about that room and how it could be used to make this room more to my liking really whets my appetite...

Oh for a decent PC again :(
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type_1012_tardis

You will of coarse, also render a series 5 console room as well... right? (if you can get a decent machine)

livens

Quote from: handofomega on Apr 04, 2010, 08:20 pm
Quote from: preble1 on Apr 04, 2010, 04:37 pm
Did any one catch the New Tardis computer Display? A image of it was posted on the BBC after the premier

...and this screen is why I think Amy Pond has something to do with the overall story arc of this series.   That and the Doctor's vagueness about why he wanted her along.

That line sure reminds me of the crack in her wall when she was a girl...

DW_S05E01_Crack.jpg

I took a screen capture of the wall crack from S05E01 and overlayed the line from the scanner... Definitely the same thing. Ill bet the graphics designer printed the scanner one and told the set crew to make the wall crack look like it.

cathlyn847

The crack also appears at the end of episode 2 ....on the side of the spaceship as the whale swims away.
It's foreshadowing for sure...no doubt about it.
As intriguing as "you've got something on your back" in Fires of Pompeii.
Bad Wolf 2.
What would the Doctor do?

dustyfro

I wish they hadn't zoomed in on it like that!  Leave something to the imagination!  Even the Bad Wolf bit just kept coming up and they didn't really draw attention to it.
x Hannah

cathlyn847

Quote from: dustyfro on Apr 11, 2010, 06:12 am
I wish they hadn't zoomed in on it like that!  Leave something to the imagination!  Even the Bad Wolf bit just kept coming up and they didn't really draw attention to it.

I agree Bad Wolf was much more subtile. They are being oh so obvious with this crack.
What would the Doctor do?

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: type_1012_tardis on Apr 02, 2010, 04:34 am
Quote from: lespaceplie on Apr 02, 2010, 12:31 am
... It will be exhausting to even build it with 3D software.

Yeah, but there's definitely some people who are crazy/brave/stupid/jobless/lifeless to try and make it in 3D modeling.
(Or anywhere in between)

Maybe handofomega?

Um check out the Who3D forum... Mr Semenoff is giving it a go and has made a really great start on it so far :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type_1012_tardis

Quote from: seanclarke1 on Apr 11, 2010, 02:51 pm

I think I can see a belkin n52 gamepad in there (or one of the other similar ones from Belkin (not obsolete))

(sorry, can't get the photo to appear: it's in the upper left area in the first picture in the post that i'm quoting)

dustyfro

Those see through panels look pretty complicated with all the etched circles, but someone might be able to do it on some trapezoids of perspex and a dremel.  And a very steady hand.  Or a thousand carefully placed circle guides.
x Hannah

boredomino

mechanoid

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Apr 11, 2010, 08:10 pm
Quote from: type_1012_tardis on Apr 02, 2010, 04:34 am
Quote from: lespaceplie on Apr 02, 2010, 12:31 am
... It will be exhausting to even build it with 3D software.

Yeah, but there's definitely some people who are crazy/brave/stupid/jobless/lifeless to try and make it in 3D modeling.
(Or anywhere in between)

Maybe handofomega?

Um check out the Who3D forum... Mr Semenoff is giving it a go and has made a really great start on it so far :)

Yes a really great job so far! see it at http://www.who3d.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1441.0