Apr 23, 2024, 10:39 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

New 2010 TARDIS Interior???

Started by geminitimelord, Jan 03, 2010, 04:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

geminitimelord

Jan 03, 2010, 04:12 am Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010, 06:12 pm by Scarfwearer
Well as most have probably seen the promo's for 2010 I think they have provided a glimpse of the new interior.

In this scene the Doctor falls what appears to be past the door of the TARDIS. I was waiting to see the St John Badge logo as they fall past the Pull Door Sign and realised that this is actually a shot of the door going into the TARDIS.
IMG00059.jpg
IMG00055.jpg

Note it would appear the Coat Rack is back. Cannot really make out what the interior is like but it definately is different.
IMG00056.jpg
IMG00057.jpg

This appears to be the Old Console Room from below the Time Rotor in disrepair?

IMG00064.jpg

Or is it the New Console room and the Doctor is fixing it? He appears to be suspended in a harness and we see sparks flying out.

IMG00066.jpg

PS... The blurry photos are a result of the fast paced action of the shots frozen on the screen and not a result of bad photography :)

geminitimelord

Jan 06, 2010, 01:40 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010, 11:14 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: doctorwho8 board=newbury thread=1918 post=22919 time=1262738453The hat stand has been in there since series 1.  It just was out of the way behind a column by doors.
Bill Rudloff

You know after I posted that I should have corrected my statement as you are correct the Hat Stand is in the Series 1-specials console room. However people might not have noticed because DT had a habit of tossing his long coat over the Interior structure beams rather than use the coat rack.

lorisarvendu

Jan 27, 2010, 01:02 pm #2 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 05:00 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: handofomega board=newbury thread=1918 post=23085 time=1264555943I am keen on seeing the new console as well as the rest of the new interior.  Looks interesting the glimpses we have so far.

It's official.  The new console is now the Old Console.   ;D

handofomega

Jan 27, 2010, 01:32 am #3 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 05:01 pm by scarfwearer
I am keen on seeing the new console as well as the rest of the new interior.  Looks interesting the glimpses we have so far.

acquiesce

Jan 05, 2010, 11:41 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2010, 12:50 pm by scarfwearer
hmm interesting pics cheers for sharing . will need time to mull those over but great to see the hat stand back a tardis isn,t a tardis without a hat stand lets hope theres a long scarf draped over it  ;)
think bbc America must have a slightly different trailer or my eyes are on the blink as don,t remember seeing river song fall into the tardis when i viewed it on newyears day could be me the was hung over a tad lol ............................ oh well off tho the bbc web site for a reviewing me thinks
I didn't invent the hypothetical situation, but let's just suppose for a second that I did........

DoctorWho8

Jan 06, 2010, 12:40 am #5 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2010, 12:50 pm by scarfwearer
The hat stand has been in there since series 1.  It just was out of the way behind a column by doors.
Bill Rudloff

acquiesce

Jan 06, 2010, 12:52 pm #6 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2010, 12:50 pm by scarfwearer
ha ha cheers doctorwho8 must have been too busy staring at billy piper to notice such details .......... should stop that my eyes ights bad enough already lol :o 
I didn't invent the hypothetical situation, but let's just suppose for a second that I did........

mordrogyn

The image where the doctor is suspended in a harness is the UNDERSIDE of the new console....
On the OLD NST the floor is a metal grill affair with lighting under it and "storage" this new one appears to have much more room....

The same images appear on the BBC trailer as the BBC America trailer...
I actually grabbed it from youtube and ripped the entire trailer into stills (one for each frame... overkill probably lol) just to get a better look at the new console room.
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

Avadh

Today on doctorwhonews.com it mentions the alternative tardis console from the blue peter competition. This means that there will be 2 tardis consoles it seems. One with the new tardis interior and the alternative console as I mentioned above. Very Interesting indeed.

dustyfro

Here is a link to pictures of the newest TARDIS interior.  http://io9.com/5504881/first-images-of-doctor-whos-new-tardis-interior-its-glam/gallery/  I wouldn't have minded if they'd kept it quite until the first episode aired, but I was kind of antsy to see it.  I like it.  I like that they kept the sea green and bronze motif, but I'm going to miss the industrial feel of the floor grates.
x Hannah

type55tardis

Mar 30, 2010, 07:01 am #10 Last Edit: Mar 31, 2010, 06:53 am by type55tardis
Wow !!! Well who`s going to be the first on here to attempt to copy that !!! ? Over to you scarfwearer Lol , Having watched Dr Who in the 60`s the general theme of the console room seems to hark back to the original Hartnell console room with a slight nod to the Cushing Movie Tardis ,looking at the central column ? I wonder if it goes up and down ,looks like the BBC have made a silk purse out of a sows ear ,I was never too sure about the previous console room but it grew on me,but I think they have missed the opportunity to put in some really cool internal doors, Still lets wait until Saturday and see how it all works. P.S. theres going to be a guided tour of the console room on Dr Who confidential (BBC 3) straight after the first episode.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

mordrogyn

Holy crap!

I knew it was going to be bigger than before but that thing is WAY bigger....

And I have to say all my fears about the inside of the box are now gone

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

madgaz

Well I actually quite like this. A lot.
Just a note on the roundells, seems like there's a mixture of the original tv series roundels, and the most recent series' ones!
In fact, seems to have borrowed elements of different control rooms!

Can't wait to see it in action!  :)

Gaz  :)

geminitimelord

Interview with Steven Moffat in regards to the new Tardis Interior "I basically wanted to design something that these Rebuilding Tossers couldnt replicate!"
I believe that was directed at Scarfwearer's efforts hmmmmmmm..

FYI just kidding Parody.......

tescotardis

Whoa!  That looks fantastic!  I hope we get to see where all the stairs lead.

Though I personally don't want a map really.  Part of the Tardis is that it could contain anything and everything. :)
--
Mike

"They're not breasts they're Dalek bumps!"