2005 TARDIS

Started by Mark, Jun 01, 2006, 12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dalethetimelord

Dec 25, 2006, 08:21 pm #15 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:25 pm by scarfwearer
I like her.  So there.

ThisJustinOnline

Dec 26, 2006, 05:37 am #16 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:25 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: admin board=newbury thread=1149164652 post=1167078107I like her.  So there.

Ditto!

TG

Dec 26, 2006, 09:56 am #17 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:26 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: primrodo board=newbury thread=1149164652 post=1167111456

Ditto!

Me too  :) It's definitely grown on me
Next on the build list
TG

purpleblancmange

Dec 26, 2006, 11:44 am #18 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:26 pm by scarfwearer
tardis.jpg

Just to come back to this picture, it's actually the fibre glass version built for series two - which makes the hole in the back worse.  Yes they did this on the two wooden hero boxes from series one (also used in two and probably three aswell), but why repeat this on the new prop? 

As I said before, surely a hole in the base would have been neater, allowing the cabling to run out from under the prop - because of this, any shot of the prop from the rear are going to need "doctoring" in some way.

If any of you folk recorded the Confidential on Christmas day, there's a short shot of the props guys moving the GRP prop parts around (near the start of the show)... quite interesting really.

Rassilons Rod

Dec 27, 2006, 12:09 pm #19 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:27 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: admin board=newbury thread=1149164652 post=1167078107I like her.  So there.

I kinda do to. I mean it IS a TARDIS... And it has all the essential TARDISy bits. But it does have its flaws. I was given a new series TARDIS moneybox for xmas and I'm still amazed how it seems to retain the original shape more or less but still have square panels.

It does look VERY upright to me, not so squat...

-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

kiwidoc

Feb 01, 2007, 10:09 am #20 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:27 pm by scarfwearer
Apropos of nothing, I've just re-done a picture I did but never shared a couple of years ago - can anyone spot the difference to regular TARDIS?

diettardis05.jpg

;) Glen

Rassilons Rod

Feb 01, 2007, 10:48 am #21 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:27 pm by scarfwearer
Um the lamp?

The steps at the top of the door (there's only one)?

Is it not just a NST that you photoshopped to look "normal"?

Dunno... Pass...

I think it looks great though :) the RIGHT proportions, even if it does have THOSE windows ;)

-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

kiwidoc

Feb 01, 2007, 08:21 pm #22 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:27 pm by scarfwearer
 :) I was just curious (once upon a time) about what she would look like with more traditional proportions so I thinned the panels and windows then size the glass and signs to match.

Comparison:

th_diettardis05c.jpg

Not that I'm a 2005 Box basher, I quite like her really!

ps: Anyone else watched "On Show: Designs on Doctor Who"?   Not much TARDIS exterior in that but they do cover rebuilding the console room and it looks very much like they have either entirely stripped and repainted the doors or perhaps completely replaced them? Interesting.

Scarfwearer

Feb 01, 2007, 08:23 pm #23 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:28 pm by scarfwearer
Interesting - I also had a go at modifying it a couple of years ago, and never shared it. Great minds, eh?

new-tardis-lights.JPG

This brought to you by MS Paint technology :) (And one of Pete's pics).

Crispin

Doctor Iz

Feb 03, 2007, 05:06 am #24 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:28 pm by scarfwearer
I have to stay I too really like the 2005/06 TARDIS.  I like the revisions (as above) with more rectangular panels myself, gives the 'old girl' a more authentic look.  The one thing I particular like about the New Series TARDIS is the signs and the mixture of the seven different colours of blue.  I personally would like to see a classic fresnel lens on the New Series 3 TARDIS. 

After watching Tom Baker in the "hand of fear", I realize that I am not really fond of this particular TARDIS.  She looks quite small.  The roof is flatter and the colour seems a tad pale to me.  I am not saying that I would not want one for my collection, but I really like the colouring of the New Series.  Does anyone know are they planning to produce the "attack of the Zygon's or the Invisible Enemy" on DVD, a couple of my favorites from childhood?

I just found Season 1 on Direct TV (satelite) on America BBC...yeah!
A few weeks ago, I received my Season 2 box set and watched the entire season.  I missed the last two episodes on Sci-Fi due to work.
I am speechless about the losing our Rose!  Just speechless.  I will miss her.  I am so emotional over this past season, a real tear jerker...aye

Does anyone know what the base colour name for the New Series TARDIS or at least the paint manufactures name?  Dulux perhaps?

Once I get my current TARDIS completed, I am definitely planning on a New Series build to bring both era's together at my home; besides, my neighbors comments are a lot of fun!  I have brought Dr. WHO to more people!  Gotta love that!  Besides, I have plenty of  timber left over from this build for another build.  The next build should go a bit easier now that I am experienced.

Welcome any thoughts!

Cheers,
Jon :)
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

karsthotep

Feb 05, 2007, 12:33 pm #25 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:28 pm by scarfwearer
  Sorry Jon,

I am going to have to veto your 2nd build  for the moment as you need to complete a console first ;)  and take lots of pictures :), and post them,  with detailed descriptions :P

Karsten
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

Doctor Iz

Feb 06, 2007, 05:07 am #26 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:28 pm by scarfwearer
Karst,

Your veto request is currently being process, a computer generated response will follow shortly!! lol.

As for taking lots of pictures with detailed explanations, I AM THE MAN FOR THAT...HEHEHE

Cheers,
Jon
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

policeboxnut

Feb 06, 2007, 04:52 pm #27 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:29 pm by scarfwearer
Ok Ok Ok - I have reconsidered my opinion and I've now decided I like the 2005 box - it has grown on me. I like them all really - I posted my opinion on Christmas Day after demolishing the best part of a box of Carlsberg Export on my own and particularly on a downer as the Runaway Bride was on and I wasn't watching it.
Bummer

'It's only significant if you find significance insignificant' - Slipback

peted

Apr 05, 2007, 04:45 pm #28 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:29 pm by scarfwearer
Does anyone still need big reference pics of this?
I have stuff like this:
05_bigref.jpg
and this:
grp_outandabout.jpg
Note this is the grp box with the squarer front. I think the GRP box looks sturdier and less like soft wood.

purpleblancmange

Apr 05, 2007, 04:55 pm #29 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 05:29 pm by scarfwearer
Thanks for the pictures and welcome to the board.

The box in the second picture is actually one of the first wooden props that were built (the first one could be too if it's out on public display - though a front shot would help to identify it), but ended up not being used on the show... RTD didn't like the look of the doors.

There are only two and a half GRP boxes in use, the one used in the show now, the bottom half that was used in The Christmas Invasion and one that is being built as I type this.

I'm sure there are people here who would love more images if you have them on offer.