Mar 28, 2024, 06:52 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

JW Tardis

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Nov 11, 2017, 07:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelus Lupus

Quote from: Volpone on Feb 13, 2018, 04:01 pm
I have thoughts about the notches and other things, but that's neither here nor there.  It will be interesting to see if they are there because of the way the prop is designed or are a strictly cosmetic choice. 

Well, that could be answered if we're lucky enough to get any images of this box being (dis)assembled.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

lespaceplie

Sofia Fox

Just so everyone knows Heres a High Quality image of the new TARDIS on location from Twitter, spoliers!
Spoiler
newtardishq.png
[close]
Sofia, the infrequent builder and forumer.

KIT-KAT

Feb 14, 2018, 09:50 am #63 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 09:51 am by kitkat123
It appears the windows can be removed
IMG_20180214_095002__save.jpg

Or more likely covered for some reason, paint work?
No, not the mind probe!

boxman550

either protect it from rain or for lighting purpose like with camera reflecting for example

brenk9carter

Feb 14, 2018, 11:19 am #65 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 11:21 am by brenk9carter
Is this a fibreglass construction by any chance?  as on the inside you can see the square panels which could be the result of the moulding. I think you would expect that from a fibreglass one and I wouldn't think that they would've done that if it's wood  ??? Plus I can't see any places where paint has come off or is thin enough to see the bare wood
Bren

boxman550

some paint came off on the left post on one of the sides but cant tell if its wood or notDV7Bt9FWkAEmIvw2.jpg

Scarfwearer

Feb 14, 2018, 11:28 am #67 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 11:37 am by Scarfwearer
Quote from: brenk9carter on Feb 14, 2018, 11:19 am
Is this a fibreglass construction by any chance?  as on the inside you can see the square panels which could be the result of the moulding. I think you would expect that from a fibreglass one and I wouldn't think that they would've done that if it's wood  ??? Plus I can't see any places where paint has come off or is thin enough to see the bare wood

I was wondering about that, but I think the panels on the inside are recessed not projecting as you might expect from the back of a mold.
See picture here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=8151.msg106871#msg106871
It begs the question of why they'd make the prop heavier by paneling the inside too, so who knows?

EDIT: good spotting with the paint chip. I can't tell if it's wood or fibreglass either.

EDIT: I think the ladder is this one: https://www.screwfix.com/p/werner-71694-swingback-ladder-fibreglass-4-tread-1-12m/3159p
(Werner 71694 Swingback Ladder Fibreglass 4-Tread 1.12m)

brenk9carter

Feb 14, 2018, 11:39 am #68 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 11:41 am by brenk9carter
Ah good spot, if I had to guess I'd say that would be wood purely judging by the colour, a light brown suggesting it's pine timber.
Quote from: Scarfwearer on Feb 14, 2018, 11:28 am
I was wondering about that, but I think the panels on the inside are recessed not projecting as you might expect from the back of a mold.

Interesting, couldn't imagine why that would be as surely if they had an interior picture in it would make it more awkward to install, but I reckon they don't have one here for secrecy of the new interior.
Bren

boxman550

that could be the case until i noticed this that to me doesnt look like the back of the box it possible could be the interior card maybe they removed it and only had it when they needed it i dont know DV7h3UEW4AUINAY.jpg

boxman550

or it could be someone standing inside it but i really cant tell due to the quality of the image

matt sanders

Quote from: Scarfwearer on Feb 13, 2018, 01:25 pm
jw-roof2.jpg

We also have the traditional square plate supporting the lamp.

In this image, we can see diffusion film taped over the windows on the near side.  Meanwhile in the photos / video from the opposite direction, when Jodie et al come out of the box, we (and the camera) can see the backs of these windows, with no light-boxes in place. 

This, combined with the interior panelling (which the half-dismantled image shows is painted pale grey) suggest to me that, when the doors open, they are intending to see the interior of the box, and the back of the windows.

Scarfwearer

Feb 14, 2018, 04:02 pm #72 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 04:07 pm by Scarfwearer
I saw this on GallifreyBase:

From Dr Dave:

Thank you all for your kind words, it was amazing to see Doctor Who being filmed in the flesh! These are my photos of the filming, some are a bit repetitive and some aren't that great, but they are a pretty good record of the filming of the scene. We were told we could take photos but no filming allowed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor...57692610616764

I can't stop anyone from downloading them, but if you do use any of my photos online it would be nice if you credited them to "Dave Johnson", thank you

So here's one of them cropped and slightly reduced:
25375829187_8f0bd7d447_o_cropped.jpg

courtesy of Dave Johnson

lespaceplie

Another tidbit that might've already been mentioned is that the window frames aren't white or even dirtied down white. They appear to be silver perhaps cast aluminum.

lespaceplie

Since it's a casting rather than a constructed build, the dims will probably change are possibly vary even in duplicates of the same pieces. I doubt it will be as wonky as the TYJs, though.