Apr 26, 2024, 06:51 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

WHOseum updates

Started by amachielson, Apr 05, 2017, 08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

amachielson

Apr 05, 2017, 08:16 pm Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017, 08:19 pm by amachielson
I have been working on Phase 4 of my personal WHOseum. Building the McGann console room struts. Here are some WIP picsWHO struts 1.JPGWHO struts 2.JPGWHO struts 3.JPGWHO struts 4.JPGWho struts 5.JPGWho struts 6.JPGWho struts 6.JPGWho struts 7.JPG

Karomak

These are looking fantastic.
What are you gonna do? Moisturize me?

-The 9th Doctor, The End Of The World, 2005.

davidnagel

Regards
David

expendable

Wow! Nice work! I see in the completed struts there is a cross-bar - will this be screwed into the half-round form you're using? and the floor plate for the strut, is that going to be screwed down as well?

amachielson

Yes. The goal will to have it all fastened to the platform.

amachielson

Apr 08, 2017, 10:24 pm #5 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 05:28 pm by amachielson
Getting some texture done. WHO strut textured.jpg

amachielson

Apr 18, 2017, 03:13 pm #6 Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017, 03:17 pm by amachielson
Complete with undercoat. Now I just need to add painting details

strut 1.jpg

davidnagel

Are you miwillionnaire rodney?
Regards
David

superrichi1a

You sir are an inspiration!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

krissym

When you finish, will you accept a meticulous, quiet and clean Whovian as a tenant to live inside of your WHOseum?
Jenkins! The chap with the wings, there. Five rounds rapid.

galacticprobe

Apr 19, 2017, 06:00 am #10 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 06:04 am by galacticprobe
eyepopping(medium).jpg
OH MY GLOB! THAT IS AMAZING!

They were impressive enough lying on the ground, but seeing one of them standing up and almost finished is astounding! And ditto to what Krissy said! (We can split the shift work so one of us is always rested and ready for action. ;) ;D)

This one certainly gets an Envy(small).jpg for your craftsmanship, and your space to actually do this, and the tools to do it, and, well, everything else that enables you to do this!

You're absolutely brilliant!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

amachielson

Apr 19, 2017, 03:19 pm #11 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017, 03:24 pm by amachielson
Painting of one complete... five more to go!

WHO strut.jpg

Karomak

How much? ;D ;D. No seriously this is absolutely fantastic. I showed my brother the last photo and he genuinely didn't believe it was made out of wood. I love the paint application you've done.
What are you gonna do? Moisturize me?

-The 9th Doctor, The End Of The World, 2005.

russellsuthern

Agree with all the above,
Simply astounding.
Really shows just what can be achieved.
I bet you'd probably have a line round the block of people wanting to stay at the WHOseum-  still, at least it would be good security!

Can't wait to see more!

Regards,

Russell

too_many_cars

Gorgeous!  I see you're going for the full height rather than the cut-down replicas for the Showmasters console in the UK and the monitor hanger/ display strut we take on tour with the original console.

The extra height is really lovely, shame all of the conventions have those pesky ceilings to get in the way on ours.

--Brian