News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

FRESNEL sources

Started by Teletran, May 18, 2006, 12:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempus Fugit

Excellent colour choice, Dino.

policephotobooth

Yippy I finally won a light on eBay today so I can finsh off my tardis build diary to share with you all. And it was in Australia, was bidding on two of them, one went for $159 AUD, I got mine for $47AUD with postage, now just got to wait for it to arrive.

Philip
Great scott it's a TARDIS

galacticprobe

Jul 24, 2012, 04:20 pm #122 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2012, 04:20 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: Tempus Fugit on Jul 24, 2012, 07:35 am
Excellent colour choice, Dino.

Thanks! (It was just one of those hunches.) :)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

just saw this at Home Depot in the states
Photo11131356.jpg
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=203276200&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053#.UKbc6YV_RyU

7.25 in  Wide ... the glass is slightly smaller than that

$69.97 /EA-Each
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Volpone

While there's a Home Depot just down the road and I'm going to have to special order some drawer pulls for something unrelated, $70 is too much for me right now--tempting though it may be. 

That said, 5 minutes of frustrating Googling reveals Hampton Bay to be a in-store brand for Home Depot.  But apparently if you want to find out if you can order a replacement lens from them, you'll need to go down to a Home Depot, see if there is an address on the box, and write them an old fashioned paper letter with a stamp.  :( (unless there's a phone number or e-mail on the box too)
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

warmcanofcoke

Next time I'm there I will photograph the box for that info. Also Home Depot now accepts paypal .... interesting

DoctorWho8

I think this was posted before.  I remember the curved bars.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

connor1536

I am unemployed and doing things "on the cheap".  I found this on ebay and thought it would serve.  May not be authentic, but will look good.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310499662075?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

warmcanofcoke

As promised a photo for the contact information at Hampton Bay.
Photo12121042_zpsf9e3b08c.jpg
(sorry for the quality - a friend took this image for me on their cell phone - havn't had time to make the journey myself)

galacticprobe

Dec 23, 2012, 07:25 am #129 Last Edit: Dec 23, 2012, 07:25 am by galacticprobe
The "snail mail" address may be a bit fuzzy, but at least we can make out the web site address and the phone number, and the item's model number.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

Volpone

The URL just redirects to Home Depot.:(  The address doesn't look promising either.  I suspect anyone you get there isn't going to be all that excited to humor the odd one-off request from us hobbyists.  But who knows?  Maybe I'm wrong. 

I'm very close to just using a cut down plastic vinegar jug.  $2.99 or so--with a gallon of vinegar included free. I've considered trying to heat it to shape it or adding the facets with silicone caulk but a busy schedule and the rainy season in Portland have delayed any progress.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Dec 23, 2012, 09:11 pm #132 Last Edit: Dec 23, 2012, 09:12 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Dec 23, 2012, 03:06 pm
I see a website hamptonbay.com

The phone number looks like a US toll-free number: 1-877-527-0313 (at least it's what I can make out of it). Might be worth a call before trying to de/reform a vinegar jar.

Dino.

warmcanofcoke

Remember Bob got a decent light

Quote from: evil bob on Jun 23, 2012, 12:51 am
Okay Bob and yes we do sell them your cost for the glass is 30.00 part number 90953GS. We accept Visa or MasterCard's. Thanks   

Thank you.
Jenee' Blatzer
Customer Service Representative
KenroyHome
3723 Regent Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
www.kenroyhome.com
(904) 642-4340
(904) 642-4150 Fax

evil bob

And there it sits unused on my desk.  But I found this awesome Anchor Lamp on eBay...

Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Dec 24, 2012, 02:11 am
Remember Bob got a decent light