Apr 20, 2024, 12:38 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Romana's Sonic Screwdriver Plans

Started by The14thDr, Apr 27, 2016, 02:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Apr 27, 2016, 02:54 pm Last Edit: Apr 27, 2016, 02:59 pm by The14thDr
**:) DISCLAIMER: The contents of this post are pure conjecture and may not actually be the same measurements as the original prop. Continue with caution. :)**

So I got bored the other day and decided to draw up some quick blueprints for Romana's sonic screwdriver from The Horns of Nimon. In the absence of any decent reference material I was forced to base the majority of these plans on a few of the replica props I've found on the internet. If anybody can provide any reference photos or information/changes for these plans, let me know and I'll update my drawings in the near future.
Romana Sonic Plans V1.0.jpg

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

d0ct0r200004

didn't even know she had a sonic. Is there any good reference images you found?
-Doc204

The14thDr

The only reference photo I have is this one (lightened a little bit for clarity).
image.jpg

galacticprobe

Apr 28, 2016, 07:07 pm #3 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 08:21 pm by galacticprobe
There are some good reference images in this thread:

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=2436.0 (Intro post from greatwazoo42.)

Waz hasn't been around in a while, but a PM might awaken him. I'm not sure where he got his reference images from, but I'm sure he'd be only too happy to share that info.

There are some images around the net of replicas based on the meager screen time this thing's got. I think I've got a few someplace. I'll look, and if I do, I'll start a Romana's Sonic Screwdriver Reference topic and post them in there. (Mind you, the screen references are really hard to get, so once I start that topic, if anyone with "The Horns Of Nimon" DVD feels so inclined (as that's one DVD not in my collection yet), please get some nice grabs if you can and help build that reference topic.

EDIT: Well, I did have a few images tucked away in my vast, disorganized 'Who' folder, so I have started the http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=6751.0 topic in the Reference Section.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

The14thDr

Apr 28, 2016, 07:51 pm #4 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 07:53 pm by The14thDr
Thanks for that, Dino. :) Compared to the reference photo I posted above, greatwazoo42's Romana sonic looks pretty much 100% accurate. I'll update my plans soon (probably around some time next week) with a few corrections that I've just spotted.

P.S. That reference thread sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't have the DVD so I won't be able to provide any useful screen caps. ::)

galacticprobe

Apr 28, 2016, 08:22 pm #5 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 08:23 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: The14thDr on Apr 28, 2016, 07:51 pm
Thanks for that, Dino. :)

P.S. That reference thread sounds like a good idea.

You're welcome, 14th! And that topic was just started. I even edited my post above to include the link to it.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

d0ct0r200004

Once there is a lot of good reference out there, I'll make a 3D model of it :D
-Doc204

warmcanofcoke

Jan 04, 2019, 08:31 pm #7 Last Edit: Jan 04, 2019, 08:45 pm by warmcanofcoke
State of Decay
It almost looks like Tom picked up Lalla's Sonic off the prop table and gave it away, in this image.

Sonic Decay 001.jpgSonic Decay 001.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Davros Skaro

He did, scroll to half way down the page http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=6751 you'll find more pics of it.

Chris.
Chris.

mycroft

Wasn't this Just an old arial that was extended at various points, with coloured electricians tape stuck on it? It certainly looks like it  ;D