Apr 25, 2024, 08:18 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

New Exterior Prop for Matt?

Started by ulsteredz, Mar 02, 2009, 01:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleblancmange

Jul 23, 2009, 01:40 pm #60 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010, 03:33 pm by doctoriz
A chap called CYBERBEAGLE on Gallifrey Base started tweaking the new prop just to see what further changes could have been made to make it even more Police Boxy.

Well, I've nicked his idea and done three versions myself (in crappy Paint) to take the notion further.

VARIATIONSonaTHEMEV2.png

Now, just because I've done this, it doesn't mean that I don't like the prop.  It's just an exercise to see what you could produce from the existing NST prop, just by tarting it up a little.

Just a little experiment, nothing more than that.

EDIT:  Just to add, the basic shape is the same, no physical changes have been made to the walls or posts, I've just added another step to the roof in one shot and reduced the appeture of the sign boxes in another, plus added thicker window frames on them too.

flaming cog

Jan 26, 2010, 10:05 pm #61 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:45 pm by Scarfwearer
Is you watch this video, at 0:38 the front sign is show on a hinge:

Luke
(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5721/themanofmanyfaces.jpg)

meantimebob

Mar 02, 2009, 02:59 pm #62 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:46 pm by scarfwearer
I hope it does happen - inside and outside. Newspapers always get things wrong though so I'm not holding my breath. A few more knobs and indicator lights on a console would be nice. I've never liked the new series design though, to me it looks like what it is - a lot of junky bits randomly stuck together. More attention to detail next time would be great - and more buttons!

chriskingbees

Mar 02, 2009, 03:42 pm #63 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:46 pm by scarfwearer
I didn't see this thread earlier, so I've copied my original post

I read in the paper today that Steven Moffatt is going to re-design the Tardis, inside and out, for the launch of the new Doctor in 2010.
He sites his reason as wanting to "Distance himself from the RTD regime" Is this good news? or not?
Being a Met box aficionado myself, I really hope they make the Tardis exterior look like well... a Police box. Sorry, that's a bit harsh. The current NST has it's own place now, not to mention quite a following, and it has grown on me, although I can't stand that lamp >:( And, If they ARE going to re-design it, I can't really think of anything else they might do, given the Police box stays.
The interior change is more expected I think. The article mentions "More gadgets than ever" and let's face it the console room has altered a great deal over the years.
I'm trying to suppress the cynic in me saying, "New Tardis, new merchandise" but he won't go away.
Thoughts?
KB

TG

Mar 02, 2009, 05:38 pm #64 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:46 pm by scarfwearer
Gosh, wouldn't it be brilliant if it materialised as a real old looking Police Box with fresnel. I think it would make me cry :)
TG

Rox

Mar 02, 2009, 06:13 pm #65 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:46 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: timegirl on Mar 02, 2009, 05:38 pmGosh, wouldn't it be brilliant if it materialised as a real old looking Police Box with fresnel. I think it would make me cry :)
TG

It would make me cry too... it would make my TARDIS obsolete...   :'(
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

TG

Mar 02, 2009, 06:51 pm #66 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:46 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: rox on Mar 02, 2009, 06:13 pm

It would make me cry too... it would make my TARDIS obsolete...   :'(

LOL - Don't worry Rox! no TARDIS is obsolete, the current box will just become a classic, like my Hartnell one  :)

Rassilons Rod

Mar 02, 2009, 07:17 pm #67 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:47 pm by scarfwearer
Well I'm still disappointed that the new doc is almost 10 years younger than me. The redesign will hopefully be for the better. As long as it doesn't look like the ones from the 60's movies :S

Something like this would get my vote...
http://www.who3d.co.uk/tardis/tardis2002/ (with all respect to Mr Semenoff for designing and modelling it) :)

-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Rox

Mar 02, 2009, 07:24 pm #68 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:47 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: timegirl on Mar 02, 2009, 06:51 pm

LOL - Don't worry Rox! no TARDIS is obsolete, the current box will just become a classic, like my Hartnell one  :)

It's alright for you...  if that happened yours would be current again.   >:(

:P   ;D
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

exilea

Mar 02, 2009, 11:50 pm #69 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:47 pm by scarfwearer
I would love to see a new console room, but I hope they leave the exterior alone. I've always thought the new police box was the best. Most of the classics looked like dilapidated pieces of junk, but its what's on the inside that counts I guess ;)
Ladies and gentlemen and variations thereupon...

atomicgraph

Mar 03, 2009, 01:07 am #70 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:47 pm by scarfwearer
... well now i'm excited i'd love for the tardis to get a revamp. i like the new series interior i think the organic feel of it makes the tardis come alive as mentioned in many of the stories so far... and it looks like it's nine hundred years old. i always felt that the exterior looked to new. i would love to see  more police box elements brought back, like the old worn concrete look, dirty signs and of course the fresnel lens. thats just my 2 cents.

Rassilons Rod

Mar 03, 2009, 04:44 am #71 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:47 pm by scarfwearer
yay for *rectangular panels! :)

-Marc

*I hope :P
Public Enema Number One.

madgaz

Mar 03, 2009, 02:45 pm #72 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:48 pm by scarfwearer
Hey Folks,

Posted this on the TBF.
Found an article on yahoo about this too:

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/03032009/19/doctor-tardis-makeover.html

More fuel for the fire? Though personally, I'm not too convinced they'd get a whole new police box prop.

Gaz

Rassilons Rod

Mar 03, 2009, 04:15 pm #73 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:48 pm by scarfwearer
ok... why is he STILL 903?

Thats one aspect of the new show I didn't like... It took him 900 years to reach his 6th incarnation, and then only 3 years to go through the next 4 or 5?

What a bunch of arse...  :-/
Public Enema Number One.

Rox

Mar 03, 2009, 04:50 pm #74 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 03:48 pm by scarfwearer
Maybe 903 is a Timelord's 39 yr old....  He doesn't want to get Gallifrey 40!  :D