Apr 20, 2024, 05:39 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Beaver's TARDIS console.

Started by beavercorp, Nov 01, 2013, 01:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beavercorp

First, you're welcome Dino.

Secondly, Costco was out of my icicle lights, so I had to improvise, starting with a time rotor redesign. I will be installing 3 of the at the base of the rotor for some effect, but I like what I have now I guess.

20140104_202915.jpg

And since its hard to see in the picture, a video in poor quality, don't want to kill everyone's computer.

th_20140104_202934.jpg

So what's next?

1* Attach the panels on the bottom
2* Set up the rotor-motor
3* Cut and place panels around the top of the rotor
4* Secure Blue LEDs on the top
5* Prep for painting, I guess.

I would like to get 3, 4, then 2 done tomorrow, 1 also if possible.

Hoping to...

the mister

beavercorp

1* Attach the panels on the bottom in progress
2* Set up the rotor-motor a long way off right now...
3* Cut and place panels around the top of the rotor Done!
4* Secure Blue LEDs on the top Done!
5* Prep for painting, I guess. In progress

2014-01-26215140.jpg

Video

th_video-2014-01-26-21-51-48.jpg

LEDs aren't hooked up yet, unfortunately.

the mister

what?! this is amazing!! so creative. loving it so far. smooth rotor there. you are a meister.

galacticprobe

Jan 27, 2014, 05:11 pm #19 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2014, 05:12 pm by galacticprobe
Okay... this is just getting better and better! What size is your rotor column cover? What's it made of and where did you find it? I'm still looking for an inexpensive 8-inch diameter tube, and so far I haven't been able to find any under three figures. (Way out of my price range at the moment.) All I've got now is a flimsy, thin plastic "package" that some large outdoor tree ornaments came in. While it looks good, as soon as you blow on it, it flexes and wobbles. (Not all that great for a rotor cover.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

beavercorp

Mister,  thanks for the compliments and encouragement! I am of course a big fan of your console.

Dino,  I used a 4x8 sheet of pvc roofing material. I cut it down to 4x4 and shoved it in.  I put two halves together for a little extra strength, it does take away from the in person spectacle a bit but it's a good temporary fit.  Right now it's about 10 inches in diameter.

To attach the halves I drilled into both pieces of plastic and used a cable tie to  fasten them together.

When I have it apart, I will do my best to snap some pics if you like.

Beav

galacticprobe

Jan 28, 2014, 04:58 pm #21 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2014, 04:59 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: beavercorp on Jan 28, 2014, 03:01 am
When I have it apart, I will do my best to snap some pics if you like.

Pics are always welcome! Especially for something like this. They might give me ideas. I'm sure others will also appreciate them.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

petrovich

looks good.  :)

you have given me some ideas for my console.

thank you

-pete