Apr 27, 2024, 01:36 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

8th Doctor Console

Started by oslm, Jul 23, 2014, 02:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oslm

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of the comments so far as the set is really starting to come together now -- Just a quick update to show the addition of the scanner and a test of what I think I will be going with for the bookcases along the back wall --

C Room complete 5.jpg

After this all I think I will be adding will be the 3 floor rugs around the console, maybe one chair and table and if I can work it out, the two statues at the main door -- As for the remainder of the room, I will look at some of the reference material posted here and then decide at a later time if I will be modelling it --

It is almost time to get started on another project I have been putting off for a while -- So as always, opinions and suggestions are welcomed --

Enjoy

Oslm

Rassilons Rod

I have a chair that could be suitable - it was a freebie from Turbosquid. It might need re-mapping though before you texture it.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

oslm

If you have a chair that you think will work I will take it -- Just send me an e-mail or a dropbox link when you get a moment --

Thanks

Oblivion

Hampshire UK

malak

oslm

Hello,

First off, thanks for your comments Malak and Oblivion I am glad that you like my piece -- I am currently finishing off another project and then I will be getting back to finishing this set -- I think I will look at doing a quick animated sequence showing the console all lit and with the time rotor in motion --

But for now, here is something that you guys will either like or give you massive eye strain --

C Room Infinite.jpg

Later

Oslm

davidnagel

Regards
David

Rassilons Rod

I tried to figure it out on my phone earlier and now I'm on my PC I still can't figure out what you did in the middle :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

nesshead

Hello oslm,

I've enjoyed reading this thread. You did a great job. I especially enjoyed the detailed work you put into the interior. I've been looking for reference material but found nothing as detailed as what I've seen here. Could you point me to the right direction where you found your resources?

oslm

Hi nesshead,

When it comes to the reference material, i used the following --

for the Console, I used a combination of the material found in the reference page of this site with photos I took of the actual console a couple of years ago -- As for the room itself, most of the images come from multiple screen grabs of the dvd -- I also got a lot of suggestions from the members of this forum and that helped with the build --

If you are planning on doing a version of this console, send me a PM and I can send you copies of the reference material I have --

Later

Oslm

galacticprobe

Feb 05, 2015, 05:29 pm #130 Last Edit: Feb 05, 2015, 05:29 pm by galacticprobe
And don't forget to include this: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=3413.msg37434#msg37434. It's got so many detailed photos of that console it will make your eyes fall out! (Part 5 or 6 alone has over 160 photos!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

oslm

Time for an update

Console%20scanner%20Mray%20test%201b_zpsbej86bpl.jpg

I am now looking at redoing the textures for this model and I will be using Mental Ray instead of Vray for doing the final renders.

I am hoping to give this a more physical look instead of the animated look I currently have shown in this thread.

Posting more soon.

Oslm

oslm

Also,

Here is a quick look at the back of the scanner as this was never shown in the original thread --

Console%20scanner%20Mray%20test%202b_zps32pyt5w3.jpg

Later

Oslm

kolchak92

You're build is beautiful! A wonderful job! Look forward to more!
J.
"Door? Boring. Not me."

expendable

agreed, very interesting look! Like hearing about your choice of rendering software, it's good information. I do love it when it looks incredibly real.