Apr 19, 2024, 03:23 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Rainy City TARDIS.

Started by throgmorton, Oct 15, 2007, 11:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

throgmorton

Aug 27, 2008, 01:34 am #75 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:25 am by scarfwearer
Sorry no pics as yet regarding the progress and the windows etc.

I have been very busy setting up a 3 day Dr Who exhibition in my home  town to raise awareness of M I N D the mental health charity along with their internet cafe set up called 'Comple@t'.

A certain Mr flay was the instigator of the whole affair and I must say it was a roaring success with items from our own collections on display we got some local  newspaper coverage too.

Heres a link:

http://www.middletonguardian.co.uk/news/s/1063520_daleks_do_have_a_charitable_side

I have also been very busy setting up my own business but thats a different story all together.

Chris E.

atomicgraph

Aug 27, 2008, 02:03 am #76 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:25 am by scarfwearer
congrats on starting your own business throgmorton. do you mind me asking what kind it is? good luck!

throgmorton

Aug 28, 2008, 08:32 pm #77 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:25 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: atomicgraph on Aug 27, 2008, 02:03 amcongrats on starting your own business throgmorton. do you mind me asking what kind it is? good luck!

I dont mind at all atomicgraph the business I have started is......

Professional mobile D. J.  :)

Fully licensed with the MCPS and PPL as well as being fully insured with public liability insurance to tune of 5 million quid  :o

Music from across the generations all functions and events catered for: Weddings Birthdays Anniversarys, Dr Who Exhibitions etc etc etc.  8-)

Chris E.

chriskingbees

Aug 29, 2008, 08:04 am #78 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:25 am by scarfwearer
Hi Chris
Good luck with the mobile disco son, though not much use to me and my knackered luggoles  :'( no, make it  ;D
KB

throgmorton

Aug 29, 2008, 08:03 pm #79 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:26 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: chriskingbees on Aug 29, 2008, 08:04 amHi Chris
Good luck with the mobile disco son, though not much use to me and my knackered luggoles  :'( no, make it  ;D
KB

Thanks for that KB much appreciated  :)

Chris E.

throgmorton

Sep 09, 2008, 01:24 am #80 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:26 am by scarfwearer
Here's some pics I promised of my weathering well not me as im not weathering that well lol  ;D

Its pics of my TARDIS  ;) comments and criticism welcome.

The sign is there just for 'show' really and will be weathered eventually

Front
th_DSC00492.jpg

Roof.
th_DSC00496.jpg

2 other sides.
th_DSC00493.jpg

Interesting thing here the colour on this pic has appeared lighter than it actually is if you compare with the other pics here. The whole thing looks a lot lighter on the pictures as does the weathering than it actually is.

I have had the weathering effect heavier than this ive had it less than this, its hard knowing when to stop really and call it a day  ???

Chris E.

atomicgraph

Sep 09, 2008, 10:32 am #81 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:26 am by scarfwearer
i think its looking great. the weathering is one of those things you just have to roll with.

avadh

Sep 09, 2008, 12:25 pm #82 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:26 am by scarfwearer
Superb work and the weathering and texturing is really good too.

throgmorton

Sep 14, 2008, 10:12 pm #83 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:27 am by scarfwearer
Some time ago I promised some pics of the windows that I am working on with regard to creating the 'frosted' glass effect on the two bottom left and right panes on each window,

I have experimented with different amounts of 'frosted' sticky back plastic see pic'.

I was wondering whether to put the sticky back plastic all over the white perspex which will have the effect of frosting (only slightly) the whole window which will no doubt also take away the effect of thats it is just white perspex which may well be a good thing.
I would need to dirty  down the perspex anyway, the sticky back plastic going some way towards this. dependent on how much I put on.

Then putting a couple of more layers where the frosted two panes are.

Any ideas any one?

Heres a pic showing various layers of the good old sticky back plastic applied to the perspex.

th_DSC00512.jpg

throgmorton

Oct 04, 2008, 05:10 am #84 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:27 am by scarfwearer
I have been back to the plastics company and had  word with that very nice chappie about the opaque look I need for the two window panes per frame bottom left and right.

He has offered to cut some opaque plastic to the size I require.
FOC   ;D
So I can then fit it in to place were its needed. Pics to follow.  8-)

Chris E.

throgmorton

Oct 23, 2008, 12:22 am #85 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:27 am by scarfwearer
I am awaiting a phone call from the plastic man (Nestene?) to tell me that I can pick up my 'glazing'.

Last week I went back in again and this time I was shown some frosted effect plastic that will do just great for the  two panes that require it per window frame.   :P

Photo's to follow.

The 'glazing' I'm using on my 1/3rd scale build would surely work on a full size one as well?
I shall post the  actual type of and stock number of the plastic I'm using in case anyone wants to use it for their builds.  :)

Chris E.

throgmorton

Nov 07, 2008, 11:58 pm #86 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:27 am by scarfwearer
My 'Glazing' has stalled slightly as Mr 'Nestene' at the plastic firm tells me that the 'company' dont like him raiding the scrap bin  >:(  ::) so we have to cool off a bit,  drat drat and double drat  :'(

Ah well best laid plans etc etc,

Normal service resumed soon? What ever that means lol  ;)

Chris E.

throgmorton

Feb 24, 2009, 12:19 am #87 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:27 am by scarfwearer
Tardis still in the stalled stage in my garage awaiting some time from me to finish the blighter off!

Ive been so busy with setting up and running my business and doing a radio and media presenters course,"Time  is Tight" (Another good title for a record me thinks) LOL!

When the fine weather arrives again (Heres hoping, fingers and everything else crossed) I shall endeveavour to get it finished.
I really ought to finish the Malevolent Pepperpot that goads me every time I go into my garage too!

Chris E.

TG

Feb 24, 2009, 09:07 am #88 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:28 am by scarfwearer
"Malevolent Pepperpot"

LOL  ;D

throgmorton

Apr 11, 2009, 12:47 am #89 Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 11:39 am by Scarfwearer
Work has begun again on the Rainy City Blue Box!  ;D

What has spurred me on is I have another Dr Who Exhibition to Set up For The R. M. B. C. Wheatsheaf Library which is on Saturday 18/4/2009 in Rochdale Town Centre.
Items from the Dr Who Exhibition in Blackpool are to be on display as well as items from my own collection.

Here some pics of progress so far.

Signs made to fit and glued in place then some dirtying down.

th_DSCF1587.jpg

Close up of Telephone 'Door' with dirtying down applied.
(I am aware that is should have a white frame surround but time is of the essence.)

th_DSCF1591.jpg

More general view of doors and panel.

th_DSCF1589.jpg

Lamp fitting partly done and dry fitted needs painting and dirtying etc a little bit of artistic licence here but I think it looks ok.

th_DSCF1600.jpg

Windows need 'glazing' and glueing in place and filling applied to the gaps.  :P

I may 'Re Do' some of the dirtying down though?
I think its a bit to 'Heavy' in places?

Its nice to get some progress on the old girl!  ;D

Chris E.