Apr 16, 2024, 09:25 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Rox's Tardis

Started by Rox, Aug 11, 2008, 09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

atomicgraph

Sep 03, 2008, 02:54 pm #45 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:28 pm by rox
the flashing beacon is awesome!!! it looks like its breathing!!!!

the_temporal_mechanic

Sep 03, 2008, 07:07 pm #46 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:29 pm by rox
Excellent work!  Great job on the lamp flasher also!

chriskingbees

Sep 03, 2008, 07:41 pm #47 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:29 pm by rox
Hi Rox
OK It's gotta be me, your Tardis ROCKS ;)
I love that dark colour and the flashing lamp. Is there any sound on your vid? I'm actually quite deaf, and the speakers turned up tend to cause feedback in the hearing-aids, so I don't bother.
Oh and rank wise, Joan Collins was Siren in Batman (1966) and I've just graduated from Ethel Merman (Lola Lasagne in Batman) for Pete's sake, to Burgess Meredith (The Penguin, of course) It's all the twisted mind of our great leader. I think those spooks er... spooked him good LOL
Seriously though, I think your build is just brilliant, great job, you should be proud
KB

Rox

Sep 04, 2008, 10:54 pm #48 Last Edit: Mar 03, 2010, 10:40 pm by Scarfwearer
Yep, there was sounds on the vid - the good old Tardis Demat sound.

The Tardis was taken apart today for final touching up, last minute bits and pieces, and the base being completely painted.

Tomorrow it will be put back together outside, final checks made, and then transported to the venue of the Dog Show.
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

rizla

Sep 06, 2008, 06:33 am #49 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:30 pm by rox
Hi Rox, well good luck with that. Your TARDIS looks ACE! You've overtaken me with your flashing light. I think  I'll have to wait until later in the year to finish mine off.

Rox

Sep 08, 2008, 09:03 am #50 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:31 pm by rox
Oh, and forgot to say, I rigged up a guitar amp to an MP3 player, and had six minutes of TARDIS hum and computer noise in the background - and then the demat sound.  Someone asked me if I had it on a motion detector because every time they went past, they thought the noise came on!  :D
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

Rox

Sep 08, 2008, 08:43 am #51 Last Edit: Mar 03, 2010, 10:41 pm by Scarfwearer
[noimg]http://ian.robinson.me.uk/images/dslr/wiccaweys/wweys023.jpg[/img]

Pictorial proof it got there!

willytron

Sep 08, 2008, 03:31 pm #52 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:32 pm by rox
looks even better in the sunlight.  Great build.  I have no official say in the matter, but I nominate Rox as rebuilder of the month.
I also think that Rox deserves a thousand or so karma points for this TARDIS.  Just my opinion.

Rox

Aug 19, 2008, 08:35 am #53 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:32 pm by rox
They're called profile sheeting nails, and here's a link to them so you know what you're looking for...

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Bitumen+Accessories/Profile-Sheeting-Nails/invt/240085
I knew I'd got the name wrong!  :D

The Tardis may look good so far, but I did some measuring now it's dry fitted...  One right side is 1cm wider than the left, and the back is 4cm narrower than the front!!

Still, I don't think it'll make too much difference...  :D

I'm hoping to tackle the lightboxes and some of the roof today - though not sure how to cut the wood for the pitch, or the angle on the roof sections...

Rox

Aug 20, 2008, 09:34 pm #54 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:33 pm by rox
Didn't end up getting to the lightboxes, but I have made the pitched roof.  No matter how careful I was cutting, measuring and trying to get the angles right for the roof, I've still ended up having to use three tons of wood filler....

I'll try to get some photos tomorrow...

Rox

Aug 23, 2008, 08:46 pm #55 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:34 pm by rox
I notice replies are sparse without pictures...  ;)

So... here goes:

T19.jpg
T20.jpg
T21.jpg
T22.jpg

As you can see the roof is on, [only temporarily, the eagle-eyed among you will notice I've got another 'step' to place on the roof]

The roof section itself is hollow, which makes headroom inside rather spacious!!   ;D

The lamp looks good on the top, but I haven't reinstalled the glass or lamp yet.

Thoughts and feedback appreciated!   8-)

Doctor Iz

Aug 24, 2008, 03:43 am #56 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:34 pm by rox
Rox,
You're moving along quite nicely.  She's really coming together.  The 1st roof step will really give you the look of the NST, but once you have those sign boxes in place, it will look the complete part.  The top tier roof looks great and the lantern makes it come together as well.  I am impressed how fast this is materializing...lol!

Cheers,
Jon~
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

atomicgraph

Aug 24, 2008, 03:52 am #57 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:35 pm by rox
great work rox!!! the roof looks great and i see you did it a little different around the lamp housing. i like that. and yes we like lots of pictures around here ;) . i'm really looking forward to seeing it completed and your shop is the the perfect setting for a tardis, it looks right at home.

avadh

Aug 24, 2008, 08:08 am #58 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:35 pm by rox
Looking amazing.

rizla

Aug 25, 2008, 08:22 am #59 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:35 pm by rox
I think your roof is far superior to mine. Mine is not as well constructed! You don't need another step (there are only 2 on the NST) just the sign boxes.