Apr 19, 2024, 02:42 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Rox's Tardis

Started by Rox, Aug 11, 2008, 09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor Iz

Aug 19, 2008, 03:38 am #30 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:09 pm by rox
Thanks for information.  Here a dumb question for you, what do you typically use a 'roof nodule' for?  is there another name for it? 
I think it looks good and is a great idea personally!
Your build is looking great!
Thanks again,
Jon~
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

Rox

Aug 29, 2008, 11:45 am #31 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:20 pm by rox
T23.jpg

Before I dismantle for painting - here it is with the extra step on.  :D
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

Rox

Aug 30, 2008, 04:22 pm #32 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:20 pm by rox
Signs arrived today....  :D
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

Rox

Sep 01, 2008, 08:14 pm #33 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:21 pm by rox
Painted the roof and all sides today - yesterday I painted the inside white, and the inside of the roof white. 

The electrics for the flashing light are finished, and for the TARDIS sound effect for the show at the weekend, I'm just going to use an MP3 player hooked up to a small guitar amplifier.

This HAS to be finished by Friday, and I haven't started my sign boxes yet, although my sign box lights arrived today.

Wish me luck!

T-Minus 4 days....

Rox

Sep 02, 2008, 10:46 am #34 Last Edit: Mar 03, 2010, 10:39 pm by Scarfwearer
I used an electronic kit that was suggested in another thread:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=25224&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=timer%20kit&doy=2m9

Though a friend wired it up for me, I'm not an electrical person... :D

atomicgraph

Sep 02, 2008, 08:25 pm #35 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:22 pm by rox
thank you rox

Rox

Sep 02, 2008, 08:43 pm #36 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:23 pm by rox
A pic and a vid... I'm spoiling you today!   ;D

T24.jpg

willytron

Sep 02, 2008, 09:14 pm #37 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:24 pm by rox
Nice, dude.  Very nice! ;D
Love the dark color.

I'm throwing a karma point at the Rox box.

Rox

Sep 02, 2008, 09:21 pm #38 Last Edit: Mar 03, 2010, 10:39 pm by Scarfwearer
Thanks!

The build is getting there.  I've got to make three more signboxes, paint this one [the one in the photo was coloured in paint shop pro], paint the floor in the Tardis.

I'm very pleased with the lights, and the frosted glass effect really works nicely.

Hopefully, it's going to be a real eye-catcher!

ThisJustinOnline

Sep 02, 2008, 11:53 pm #39 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:25 pm by rox
Would your friend be willing to help those of us who want flasy lights as well? been trying to get that for me, currently I just have 2 bulbs hooked up.

TARDIS looks snazzy as well, Great job!

Doctor Iz

Sep 03, 2008, 12:42 am #40 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:25 pm by rox
Rox,

Incredible work mate!  Wow, she's looks fantastic.  You build your NST in a very limited amount of time.  The video is awesome too.

I have ask two questions:
1) Where did you pick up the sound file for the materialization/dematerialization.  I would love to have that on my blackberry and on my pc for start up.

2) I am right there with Primrodo on the light question.

Congrats on a job well done.  She looks swell.  Great work...Karma to the Rox. ;D

Cheers,
Jon~
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

DoctorWho8

Sep 03, 2008, 01:51 am #41 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:26 pm by rox
I can hook you up with demat/materialization sounds.
Bill Rudloff

avadh

Sep 02, 2008, 11:04 pm #42 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:27 pm by rox
Rox brilliant work on the tardis and brilliant video as well.

atomicgraph

Sep 02, 2008, 01:30 am #43 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:27 pm by rox
good luck i'm sure you'll meet the deadline. what kind of electronics did you use for a flashing light?

Rox

Sep 03, 2008, 08:18 am #44 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:28 pm by rox
That would be brilliant, Bill.  Do you have the Tardis 'Hum' too?  I was thinking of editing together a soundfile which in between the materilisation and demat sounds has that Tardis 'Hum' for five minutes, and perhaps the sounds of a few controls being flipped.  I shall PM you.  :D

I perhaps won't be much help, IZ, but I'll give it a go... ;D

1]  The sound was just an mp3 on the web I edited to give a few more Tardis groans.  It is quite crackly though, so I suspect the original source was the vinyl of a Sound Effects album rather than a CD.

2]  I will ask about the lamp flasher, but I doubt he can do any physical help [he's extremely busy and did this as a short notice favour, but I can probably post how he did it, although I just stole the idea from another thread to be honest... :D  Basically it's a kit that you put together [the link is further up the page], then add a power source and bulb holder.  He used a car headlight bulb, and wired both filaments to light up.

Hoping to get the signboxes finished today, and then a few bits of tidying up.  I have some bits coming for the phone, though not exact, should improve the box I already have.

I probably won't have time to 'weather' it before the weekend, but I suspect it will naturally weather anyway.  The wood used it pretty hardy - I made some gates, fences and things out of it that have been up through the winter rain, frost etc without any breakages for the last year without rotting, so I'm confident that the wood will hold up to the elements, especially now it has a weatherproof layer of paint.

I will, of course, be posting plenty more pictures...