News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Oswald Avenue TARDIS

Started by marchy, Jul 02, 2008, 06:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

marchy

Jul 02, 2008, 06:43 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:31 am by Scarfwearer
DSC02551.jpg

The Oswald Avenue Doctor Who Group is based in Scotland & we are a Day Center for adults with Learning disabilities. One of the activities we run is the above mentioned group. Last year we built a Dalek which came out really well. We don't have a massive budget our Dalek cost under £100! But it lights up and talks. Our TARDIS will just be the front half which we will build over a door frame going into a room at our center we will remove the door so to get into the room you will have to open the TARDIS doors.  Once again we have a small budget but i hope you agree it looks okay. Will add some more pictures later . Let us know what you think any advice & comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Iain

throgmorton

Jul 03, 2008, 11:14 am #1 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010, 10:48 pm by scarfwearer
The build looks as if its coming along fine.

It will look a lot better when the coat of blue goes on they always do.

Keep us posted on the build progress.

Chris E.

marchy

Dec 15, 2008, 01:57 pm #2 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:34 am by Scarfwearer
Picture061.jpg

Hi all

Its been a while since our last update, here is how our TARDIS is looking is so far. I hope you agree that its not looking to bad especially as its made almost entirely out of old bits of wood we had stored in the garage. This TARDIS is being built by adults with learning disabilities with the support of staff and If anyone wants to leave feedback that would be great as they would love to hear what you think. Thanks all Marchy

marchy

Dec 29, 2008, 02:10 pm #3 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010, 11:04 pm by scarfwearer
Once again thanks for all those nice words it means alot to to everyone involved in building it. Still waiting for the signs to arrive has been a while now. So staring to think we will make them ourselves so we can get back to finishing off the TARDIS. Starting to think ahead to our console and what we can do Will hope to have some more pictures soon.

DoctorWho8

Dec 15, 2008, 02:44 pm #4 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:33 am by scarfwearer
It looks like a hybrid Rani-Doctor TARDIS.  That would be an interesting direction.  Is this going to be part of a doorway?
Bill Rudloff

marchy

Dec 15, 2008, 02:55 pm #5 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:33 am by scarfwearer
Yes we are going to be placing it over a door frame of our meeting room we will of course be taken the door that is already there off so that you will enter the room by going through the TARDIS doors, the plan is once we fit the lamp to let people know there is a meeting being held there the member off staff will press a button to make the lamp flash. Currently waiting for the signs for our TARDIS we are getting them made at a factory who make road signs. Our next project after our TARDIS will be to build a console which will be based in the meeting room though due to space it will only be half of one placed against the wall. But that project wont be until the new year.

meantimebob

Dec 15, 2008, 11:43 pm #6 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:33 am by scarfwearer
I really like that! I think the mouldings around the panels look terrific - very nice piece of work! Looking forward to seeing the console :-)

marchy

Dec 16, 2008, 09:28 am #7 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:33 am by scarfwearer
Thanks it means allot to the guys who are building this to get messages. As I say we don't have a budget for this TARDIS the only thing we have bought so far are the screws and nails but I will say it again I think our TARDIS looks pretty good! ;D

Rox

Dec 16, 2008, 11:20 am #8 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:34 am by scarfwearer
With those mouldings and the configuration of the windows and panels it looks like a Georgian Tardis; it would look very much at home in the grounds of a stately home!  Everyone should be very proud of their efforts.  :)
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

marchy

Dec 16, 2008, 12:48 pm #9 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:34 am by scarfwearer
Thanks mate we are all very proud of it & we can not wait to get it completed.

avadh

Dec 28, 2008, 02:15 pm #10 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:34 am by scarfwearer
A brilliant Tardis and very nicely built.