Mar 29, 2024, 10:07 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Robmaster's Tardis

Started by robtor, May 08, 2008, 02:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

atomicgraph

May 12, 2008, 11:10 am #60 Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 03:55 pm by scarfwearer
this build diary is amazing ! i gotta agree with time girl about the time lapse, everytime i checked the build there were new sections built and now its complete!!! you did a great job you tardis looks great

karsthotep

May 13, 2008, 05:27 pm #61 Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 03:56 pm by scarfwearer
Looking good,  covers exactly what was missing, good job and great progress. 

Karst
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

willytron

May 13, 2008, 06:30 pm #62 Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 03:56 pm by scarfwearer
This is an amazing looking box.  It was great that you didn't post pics until you were done, I saw the roof on thursday and thought that you had just started - then I went to the beach for four days - and when I came back I was like, "Wow, this guy is fast!"  Then I realised what was going on as I read further.

exilea

May 13, 2008, 07:00 pm #63 Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 03:56 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: willytron on May 13, 2008, 06:30 pmThis is an amazing looking box.  It was great that you didn't post pics until you were done, I saw the roof on thursday and thought that you had just started - then I went to the beach for four days - and when I came back I was like, "Wow, this guy is fast!"  Then I realised what was going on as I read further.

I thought the same thing! "All I need's $1000 and a week off!"  ;D
Ladies and gentlemen and variations thereupon...

robtor

May 13, 2008, 08:29 pm #64 Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 03:56 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: willytron on May 13, 2008, 04:35 pmMaybe you already said this and I missed it, but what did you use for window panes?

I used the textured plastic inserts that are used for light fixtures in a drop ceiling.
They are 2x4 feet and cut easily: score and snap. I got three windows out of each piece.
When I installed them, I ran a bead of silicone caulk along the backs of the window frame bars and construction adhesive around the outer edge of the plastic. I tacked the pieces up through pre-drilled holes to hold them in place while the glue dried.
I chose to use the milk-glass look. It also comes in clear.

willytron

May 13, 2008, 08:36 pm #65 Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 03:56 pm by scarfwearer
WOW, that's exactly what i've got.  I was afraid that they wouldn't look quite like I wanted, but yours looks great.  any chance I could see some up close pics?

I've got some VERY old fiber glass panels like they use for sky lights on metal buildings, my grandfather had them on a green house.  They are dingy and yellowed with age, I think that I will cut them up and glue them to the back of some of the panes to make some darker than others, but with the light diffusers in front and outwardly visible.  I'm not really sure if I expained that clearly...