News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Gardman Parisian Lamp

Started by bigandybelfast, Dec 28, 2013, 10:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigandybelfast

Dec 28, 2013, 10:48 am Last Edit: Dec 28, 2013, 11:02 am by bigandybelfast
http://www.stjohnsgardencentre.co.uk/lanterns/parisian-lantern

I have found a source for the NST lamp housing....and only £4.99 eachScreenshot_2013-12-28-10-45-05.png

galacticprobe

Dec 28, 2013, 11:12 pm #1 Last Edit: Dec 28, 2013, 11:12 pm by galacticprobe
Nice find! (And great price!)

Coincidence that it's available from the "St. John's" Garden Centre (as in St. John Ambulance, whose logo came back in the New Series? Too coincidental for me! ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Senseidale

;D Just ordered one for next project Tardis wardrobe for my sons bed room, I will be starting very soon.
Thanks for the info.
Regards Dale
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

Senseidale

Lamp arrived in record time just the job for next project
image.jpgthanks again.
;D
Dale
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

Elvis Gump

Are these to scale for a full size TARDIS?

Theta Sigma

Yes Sir, with a slight modification to the top. 

If you're looking for a USA source, here is the cheapest I've found them lately:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0BD07C1612
"I just put 1.795372 & 2.204628 together." - 4th Doctor

Elvis Gump

What I really want is the Matt Smith style lamp if I can find it. This UK one would be great if it's close to scale. I would be working on my TARDIS today if it wasn't so damned cold out in my shop. It'll be a while before I'm at the roof and needing the light, but it would be great to get one if it's available. The site says they can't ship to America though.

galacticprobe

Jan 03, 2014, 07:37 am #7 Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014, 07:39 am by galacticprobe
Looks like the New Egg site is already out of stock! I'll poke around and see if I can find anyplace that's got one (Amazon and eBay are a bust; no luck there). For the Smith lamp, all you really need is the top (without the part that has the holes in it and the little ring pin at the very top). The widest diameter of the top is 7.5 inches. You might be able to scratch-build one from a bird feeder cap, or from some of those pre-cut wood bits from a craft store. The wood bits should sand into a flat dome shape easily enough, and I've seen wood bits at craft stores that would do nicely for the "bee hive" point on the top.

Those might be the least expensive option if all you're after is the top. The rest of the Smith TARDIS lamp doesn't use any other parts of the Gardman lantern, so even at $20 US it's a lot for just the top. Even so, I'll keep my eyes open and yell of I spot anything.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"