Mar 29, 2024, 02:47 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

GEMINITIMELORD's TARDIS

Started by geminitimelord, Aug 04, 2008, 03:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

geminitimelord

Quote from: mjkrauss on Dec 29, 2010, 01:06 am
So, a friend and I are huge Who fans, and we planned on building our own TARDIS, but the blueprints we had were-- shall we say, less than helpful. I was wondering if you had any blueprints? I am trained in construction of sets for theatre, but the ones we had were complete rubbish, and your TARDIS is a beaut!

MJ, thank you for the kind comments!  To be honest I built my TARDIS using two sources. First the TARDIS BUILDERS GUIDE that Kiwidoc put together and a PDF of the Brachacki Box that had the measurements. Both can be searched and found on this site.

Good luck on your build.

mjkrauss

Quote from: DoctorWho8 on Dec 29, 2010, 05:34 am
MJ, was it the New Series TARDIS model?  If so I have some with measurements to help out with.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Yes, it was the new series TARDIS- if you could send them to my email, that would be easiest, as I can access that on my ipad. My email is michaeljameskrauss@me.com

Thank you so much!

geminitimelord

BBC AMERICA WHERE IS THE TARDIS CONTEST

Hey, those of you that have FACEBOOK if you can please help a TARDIS BUILDER BROTHER OUT.....  Go to the link below and click on the LIKE button, I think you might need to be logged into your facebook account for it to work.

As far as I know I am the ONLY ACTIVE TARDIS BUILDER MEMBER Currently in the contest.  HELP :)

http://www.wheresthetardis.com/entry/390

rocket

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

chriskingbees

I only voted because of Mum's picture lol

KB

Doctor Iz

(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

Elvis Gump

geminitimelord

Rocket, Chris, Jon, Elvis...... Thanks Guys And I guess Now DRIZ has put his TARDIS on the contest so everyone go give him a vote too. Goal is to get about 1000 votes to be taken seriously by the Judges. I say 1000 as that is the current High Vote.

And KB now that you are my FB friend MUM is on there so you can say hi to her :)

geminitimelord

Took a photo at dusk using my new Android Phone/Camera. I really like how this shot turned out

189817_109558052460635_100002193230234_92954_2552486_n.jpg

DoctorWho8

That's a looker.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

mordrogyn

(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

geminitimelord

PAUL, LONG TIME NO HEAR??????????

puffdoctor

Voted. Sadly I can only vote once it seems. I know that in Illinois you all live by the slogan 'Vote early and often', but I tried and was only allowed one vote. 

geminitimelord

Quote from: puffdoctor on Mar 28, 2011, 10:42 pm
Voted. Sadly I can only vote once it seems. I know that in Illinois you all live by the slogan 'Vote early and often', but I tried and was only allowed one vote

Naa that is over in Chicago where the Dead seem to vote alot.

geminitimelord

Mar 29, 2011, 03:36 am #359 Last Edit: Jun 10, 2011, 05:45 am by rassilonsrod
Today I opened my Mail and discovered a NEW Pull to Open Sign  ;D  
I have plans to pull the doors off my TARDIS During April so I can reinforce them a bit, fix some deterioration issues on the paint and replace my PTO sign. I plan on adding some EL Lighting behind the new sign which is acrylic, it should look awesome. The old PTO sign was metal and while I tried to protect the work by covering it with 5 coats of clear paint, apparently the winter weather took its toll on that coat. The expansion and contraction of the materials caused spider cracks in the clear coat and I fear Rust will soon develop.

I want to thank Primrodo, Doctorwho08, and PhillipW for their help with this project. Both Justin and Bill helped me get the correct font and layout for the PTO Sign and Phillip was able to get a friend that had a vinyl Laser cutter.

Here are some shots with the sign taped into place.
2011-03-28185342.jpg

2011-03-28185419.jpg