Apr 18, 2024, 03:23 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

DWM Images

Started by timewomble, Jan 10, 2013, 10:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

timewomble

Jan 10, 2013, 10:34 am Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:08 pm by Scarfwearer
The new DWM is out, and it has some lovely pictures of the console, as well as an interview with Michael Pickwoad.

Most of the pictures show the monitors on the if fixed, curving supports, but one photo shows two monitors on those chunky adjustable arms. An "under construction" photo, where the panels are not in place, has the former, which might suggest that they are replaced with the latter. It looks like the same photo that was in DWA magazine, so I should have spotted that before.

Not that I'm obsessed, you understand...

Mr Pickwoad also talks about the spinning parts at the top of the rotor, but doesn't say anything about how the rotor itself moves, if at all. He describes the rotor lights as blue, though. Apart from the DWM cover, they look green to me but (a) I'm very slightly colour-blind, and (b) Tiffany boxes are always called "blue boxes" when they look green to me.

Kingpin

Jan 10, 2013, 06:13 pm #1 Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:22 pm by Scarfwearer
Doctor Who News has posted a copy of the latest DWM cover, and as usual in pretty high resolution... letting us see a few more details of the central bits of the Rotor, the "tap panel" which was the hardest to figure out from the shots from iPlayer, as well as one of the ancillary panels at the edge of the Console platform.

imageegri.jpg

type63

photo (1).JPGphoto (2).JPGphoto (3).JPGphoto (4).JPGphoto.JPG
Images taken from today's (my birthday) DWM. Shows the console and another area underneath the console (the image with MS in). Shows a panel which I don't think I have seen before and is certainly not on here. Enjoy!

Kingpin

Looks like I'm magazine hunting on Saturday.  Thanks for the heads up, type63.

Kingpin

It's extremely handy that the photos have all been taken face-on, as that'll play quite nicely into plotting scaling and location in the next revision of the plans.

galacticprobe

Jan 11, 2013, 06:47 am #5 Last Edit: Jan 11, 2013, 06:49 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: type63 on Jan 10, 2013, 06:43 pm
photo (2).JPG
Shows the console and another area underneath the console (the image with MS in). Shows a panel which I don't think I have seen before and is certainly not on here. Enjoy!

If this is the image you're referring to, what's under Matt might be the dangly bits - cables and such - in the "crawl space" under the console platform (sort of like the last console room). This would still give the Doctor a chance to fiddle with bits like he did in several episodes of the last series. (Always good to have fiddly bits to... well... fiddle with.) Even more anxious for the rest of this Series to start up again!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type63

2013tardisconsole1.jpg2013tardisconsole2.jpg2013tardisconsole3.jpg2013tardisconsole4.jpg2013tardisconsole5.jpg2013tardisconsole6.jpg

Some better quality images of the six panels. I have to say the "glowy one" looks really weird in these photos!

galacticprobe

May 05, 2013, 03:00 pm #7 Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:00 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: type63 on Jan 11, 2013, 08:44 pm
...I have to say the "glowy one" looks really weird in these photos!

Color-changing Christmas icicle lights, all bunched together under some frosted perspex/plexiglass. (It's one possibility on how they did it.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

MOLDA

Quote from: type63 on Jan 10, 2013, 06:43 pmphoto (1).JPGphoto (2).JPGphoto (3).JPGphoto (4).JPGphoto.JPG
Images taken from today's (my birthday) DWM. Shows the console and another area underneath the console (the image with MS in). Shows a panel which I don't think I have seen before and is certainly not on here. Enjoy!

Id love to have taht book, where can i get that? what is it called?

Kingpin

Quote from: Molda on Jun 09, 2022, 10:16 amId love to have taht book, where can i get that? what is it called?

Doctor Who Magazine issue 456.