Apr 20, 2024, 03:10 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Bells of Saint John

Started by Kingpin, Mar 27, 2013, 05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Mar 27, 2013, 05:23 pm Last Edit: Mar 02, 2018, 11:50 pm by Scarfwearer
A new clip from The Bells of Saint John has popped up, showing the underside of the Console and the space beneath the Console platform.

handofomega

slidin_sidewayz

What I don't get is why does he keep clothes under there when we all know the TARDIS  has the mother of all wardrobes somewhere.  Unless they couldn't be bothered having Matt go into another room just to change.  Kinda lazy.

galacticprobe

Mar 28, 2013, 05:30 am #3 Last Edit: Mar 28, 2013, 05:30 am by galacticprobe
Don't we all have a "quick change" closet near the front door of our houses so we don't have to run down the halls to bedrooms to grab a different coat? So... why not one in the TARDIS under the console platform? (Imagination: it's what makes the universe work. Just ask Einstein; I'll tell you. ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

slidin_sidewayz

Actually, no. Just shoes. Near the front door. First off, last on kinda thing. Clothes stay in cupboards here.

Kingpin

Mar 31, 2013, 05:43 pm #5 Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:25 pm by Scarfwearer
Now that the episode's been on:

tardis5.jpg
tardis6.jpg
tardis7.jpg
tardis8.jpg
tardis9.jpg
tardis10.jpg
tardis11.jpg
tardis12.jpg
tardis13.jpg
tardis14.jpg
tardis15.jpg
tardis16.jpg
tardis17.jpg
tardis18.jpg
tardis19.jpg
tardis20.jpg
tardis21.jpg
tardis22.jpg
tardis23.jpg
tardis24.jpg
tardis25.jpg
tardis26.jpg
tardis27.jpg
tardis28.jpg
tardis29.jpg
tardis30.jpg
tardis31.jpg
tardis32.jpg

Kingpin

Not sure why it's uploaded them in different sizes, they went in the same size.

whovian-almighty

although that top piece is real it sort of looks CGI or is it just me?
So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you want to start?

galacticprobe

Mar 31, 2013, 09:31 pm #8 Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:38 pm by Scarfwearer
Regarding that top piece you mentioned... it's not CGI. I read in an interview with the set designer that he liked having that "something" at the top of the central column, but he never liked the fact that they never did anything. So in this version of the column's top, the three tiers are movable, with each layer resting on rollers. One motor moves the top tier (I think it was the top), and the rollers between it and the middle tier cause the middle tier to rotate in the opposite direction, and the rollers between the middle and bottom tiers in turn make the bottom tier rotate in the opposite direction to middle. It's all actual mechanics. (And like the rather complex mechanics of the original Hartnell column, I'm wondering how long this one will work before it starts breaking down and needs constant maintenance.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

slidin_sidewayz

I see the cover on the back of that monitor nearest the doors  keeps disappearing and reappearing still.  Not too sure how I feel about that top carousel thing yet. It still reminds me of a kid's  ride.  ::)

Kingpin

Small elements will continue to flux over the course of the remaining episodes, what with scenes appearing out of sequence and the work on the Console Room and Console that's previously been speculated on.

There still haven't been any close shots of the Ancillery Consoles, but one of the wide shots I posted gives a pretty good basis for a rough layout... that's partly why I haven't posted anything new regarding my Console plans, I'm waiting on more reference to arrive.

whovian-almighty

I know the top piece is real! but to me in some shots it looks CGI'ed especially when it's moving
So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you want to start?

mordrogyn

Yes, I guess the spinning thing at the top of the central column is kinda nice... I am still very disappointed that the time rotor itself doesn't rise and fall though...  This would be the first one ever to not have that movement :(
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

Kingpin

A small central element does move up and down, but it is more subtle than in previous incarnations.

mordrogyn

It's not enough to my mind...  I was hoping the lighted columns would rise and fall.. a little bit in the middle moving is a bit of a cop out
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)