News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Brachacki Tardis build for WHOseum

Started by amachielson, Apr 21, 2013, 03:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

amachielson

galacticprobe

Apr 21, 2013, 04:39 am #8 Last Edit: Apr 21, 2013, 04:51 am by galacticprobe
Looking beautiful! This is my personal favorite model ("The original, you might say."). One thing, though, that you may wish to adjust if you're striving for accuracy is the St. John's logo. The original Brachacki logo (Pilot and production versions) has no wording or animals on it:
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1123.60 - Series production image - dirtied down;
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1123.75 - Pilot (unaired) image with a clearer view of the "undirtied" logo, and two graphics I created for this (one each for how your eye sees the arrowheads).

I believe warmcanofcoke took my graphic and had a company called Spoonflower create a great sticker out of it (http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=806.75 - next to last post on the page). This would work well as the logo on the Brachacki was a sticker. (You can see it starting to lift around the edges in some episodes.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

linkjrep

He did, it's a wallpaper sticker. Works well but easy to peel off; I fixed that by adding lots of super glue on the back. Will never ever ever ever ever come off after that  :P

geminitimelord

Oh i mean construction of the box itself not the sign.

Original construction was composed of several pieces together, revealed more as the box aged, i had my box cut out of a single piece of wood not realising its origin until later.

linkjrep

??? Did you mean the other build? They are labeled nearly the same...I was talking about St. John's sticker that warmcanofcoke made.

That reminds me, it was really cheap too. $6 and that's including shipping (my wallet now breathes a sigh of relief).

DoctorWho8

So what lottery did you win to be able to make this all happen? ;)  I see an early Troughton costumed dummy. :)  This is looking really good.  As asked in another thread, why are the boxes not full boxes, but 3/4 builds?  Will the lead to secret doorways to console rooms?! I'm getting ahead of myself now. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Volpone

Not to speak for anyone (especially given how often I'm wrong here) but I would say cost and space.  Building them this way saves having to build a back wall (that no one would see unless they were far enough out from the wall to walk around.  Not having to build the back wall on 4 TARDISes means essentially that you buy 3 and get 1 free.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

vortexion

Yes this looking good, well good! Hope it will have white painted recessed windows! Love that shade of darkish blue-better than that gaudy 'royal' blue. Original and faithful '63 style!

Vrtexion