Mar 29, 2024, 11:12 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Battered blue box in Bucks

Started by Kingpin, Apr 18, 2013, 01:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Apr 18, 2013, 01:42 pm Last Edit: Apr 18, 2013, 02:23 pm by Kingpin
Whilst entertaining Purple earlier today, I suggested we go on a mini adventure to see a battered blue box I'd seen on several occasions going between two towns where I live.

Finally having had the opportunity to get up and close with this TARDIS, I got a good look at it, as well as some photographs:

37639512.jpg
37205054.jpg
95616157.jpg
99908784.jpg

Tall and skinny, it did remind me of the proportions of a real Police Box rather than a specific TARDIS replica... especially with the tall stacks and the white windows.  Sadly the poor thing's looking a little neglected, with the wood separating all over the place, and the door hinges coming away from the frame.

EDIT:

Whoops, turns out we found the box from http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=507.0.

DoctorWho8

Such a sad fate.  Wasn't it made from MDF?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

rob49152

as the images keep getting closer and all the shots are the same angle my brain just started thinking 'Enhance!'....'Enhance!'....'Enhance!'....'Enhance!' :P :P

Kingpin

Purple did propose taking some from a few different angles, but I reasoned it's pretty much the same on all sides.

It is a shame though, as in it's prime it was a very handsome box.

tony farrell

Well, you obviously impressed Purple - he's posted a rather nice blog about your day out and he's been very complimentary about some of the other props you've made as well!
Tony

Kingpin

The Proton Pack went a long way.

petewilson

Whereabouts in Bucks is this? (I lived and built my first 35 years ago in High Wycombe)

Pete

Kingpin

A bit of woodland road going toward Great Missenden from Hazlemere.

petewilson

Apr 19, 2013, 04:29 pm #8 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2013, 07:38 pm by petewilson
Interesting......I grew up in Hazlemere and went to school in Holmer Green!   ;D