The Jason's 9th Doctor Stunt Sonic Screwdriver (with working slide)

Started by 13drwho, Apr 13, 2013, 05:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

This is my latest Sonic Screwdriver. This is the 9th/10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver with the working extension. I designed the pieces in SolidWorks and and had them 3D printed.

After that I sanded, primed and painted the pieces. After that I just had to put it together. The hardest part was getting it painted the way I wanted.

I am now working on making the models for an electronic version. I believe with a little effort I can design it to fit the Character Options Sonic Screwdriver electronic. Take a look and let me know what you think!!!!

The Raw Parts
9th doctor sonic screwdriver raw parts.jpg

The Finished Prop
9th doctor sonic screwdriver with working slide.jpg

Comparison Of The MFX Licensed Prop And Mine
sonic screwdriver comparison.jpg

childofgallifrey

Yey! first comment!  ;D ;D ;D no, seriously that's a good looking screwdriver!
P.S how do you get a good looking crackle?
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

bluebox303

I think all that needs to be changed is the End bulb and the ridge profile.
Otherwise, it looks nice!  :)

Edit:
Aww. You beat me by just a weensy bit! >:(  ;)

childofgallifrey

Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

BioDoctor900

Hey, the sonic looks brilliant, just out of interest how much did it cost to have it 3D printed

BioDoctor900

13drwho

Thank you all for your kind words, and observations.

It's very hard to exactly duplicate something this complex with a pair of calipers. I know it's not perfect but I'm pretty proud of it. The ridges profile has been a point of argument on many prop forums.

I may make some adjustments on the next version, which will be a working prop but I'm calling this version done!

Thank you for the input!!!!