Jarrod's Five Doctors Console at Lords of Time in Melbourne, 2013

Started by Lungman, Apr 08, 2013, 10:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

watcher

Quote from: Kingpin on Apr 09, 2013, 11:03 am
What is it with people and touching things?  Why can't they be content with looking?

They are awfully "hands on"!  :o

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Apr 09, 2013, 11:05 am
I've managed to embed the video for you, however youtube is blocked from this computer where I am... So I'll have to check it out later.......

Cheers  ;)

davidnagel

Pretty in motion indeed. Surprised people are so delicate with it in fact!
Regards
David

DoctorWho8

They are touching it like a hands-on-museum piece.  Plus it's awesome and awe-inspiring.  Did you loose a knob on Panel 3 (the traditional scanner control panel) Jarrod?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

FloppyDiskNinja

How on earth did I miss this!  :'(
should have been there!!!!!  :P

Does look great in motion!

-FloppyDiskNinja

Rassilons Rod

I'm intrigued by the Gallifrey-Recall-Circuit cover... In the video I can see some woman giving it a good twist! (I hope the console returned home 100% intact!) :D

Quote from: Kingpin on Apr 09, 2013, 11:03 am
What is it with people and touching things?  Why can't they be content with looking?

As Picard said in "First Contact"... It makes it seem more real :D

I love the smooth motion on the time rotor and the sound fx when the door lever is pulled :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

meantimebob

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Apr 10, 2013, 12:40 pm
I'm intrigued by the Gallifrey-Recall-Circuit cover... In the video I can see some woman giving it a good twist! (I hope the console returned home 100% intact!) :D

I think that woman is blind, she has a stick, dark glasses and a dog with her. I wouldn't like everyone else to be fiddling with it though.

It's an absolutely amazing piece of work. A fantastic achievement and something to be immensely proud of.

Rassilons Rod

Ah yes, I was just wondering if it was meant to move at all ;)

I'd love to have something as accurate as this console! :)
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

I'd love to see the signatures on the console  ;D That is so cool!!!
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Lungman

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your awesome comments! I have to say that without all of your constructive criticisms, help and encouragement, I wouldn't have been able to produce this console.

With regards to the number of people swarming it at Lords of Time, I had just nipped out to have a shower after finishing assembling it and walked in and the room had been opened about 2 mins before I got there. I had no control over it whatsoever!!! Needless to say, I was panicking  a little bit and watching it like a hawk until the crowd died down. I also didn't want to drawer attention to myself. As luck would (not) have it, the screens that have the "do not touch" message on them didn't work and I had to repair them at the close of the first day. BUMMER!!!

Anyhow, I resigned myself to the thought that many people were living a dream that they may not have had the opportunity to otherwise. Further, the console wasn't damaged in any way! Everyone was so gentle and respected it. Phew!!!

Lungman

IMG_1729_zps22c8bff4.jpg

DSC_4186_zps1b2cad12.jpg

DSC_4184_zps019d774b.jpg

DSC_4183_zps498732ff.jpg

DSC_4185_zpsce9d1f61.jpg

DSC_4177_zpsf18e1f34.jpg

No message is associated with this attachment.

Kingpin

I love Sylvester's signature, reminds me of Kelly's Heroes.

They all look right at home at the controls. :)

warmcanofcoke

That is epic!  ;D  World class job approved by 4 Doctors and Tegan. Maybe a clear coat to preserve the signatures before you get Tom's autograph.  ;)
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

type55tardis

Absolutely splendid you should be very proud,I hope you had plenty of time to talk to the Doctors and companions.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

davidnagel

Regards
David

Rassilons Rod

That is so awesome that you got your console signed by the Doctors and companions :)

Quote from: davidnagel on Apr 12, 2013, 08:57 am
That McCoy! He's such a vandal!

What do you expect from a man who voluntarily adorns his hair with bird poop ;)
Public Enema Number One.