Apr 18, 2024, 01:23 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Home Depot Cardboard Box Tardis

Started by notard4u, Apr 02, 2013, 01:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Apr 15, 2013, 05:20 pm #15 Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013, 05:20 pm by galacticprobe
Shouldn't there be something on that pillar box sign about the top flat belonging to the world's greatest secret agent? ;) (Now there would be a different sign to put on a TARDIS PTO door!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Mark

Cripes Chief!

Thanks to you Dino, I now have the theme tune running through my head!

Forgot to say Notard, when I made the door on the pillar box (which was a pain as it is curved) I put inch and half strips of card around the edge of the door and the frame where it would live. There were also some ribs of card on the back of the door to maintain rigidity.

I hung it using three brass hinges which I hot glued to the card frame on both parts and then hot glued some flat bits of wood on the flaps behind where the hinge was glued. This made it possible to actually screw the hinges in places before hot glueing the tips of the screws for extra piece of mind.

The door is very solid and was even resistent to curious heavy handed children (until I thwarted them by installing a lock lol! )

I'll try and dig out pictures to illustrate if it helps with your build in anway?