Previous topic - Next topic

nickdclements

Apr 08, 2013, 02:05 pm #30 Last Edit: Apr 08, 2013, 02:06 pm by nickdclements
SHE SAID YES!

1 (Small).jpg

2 (Small).jpg

3 (Small).jpg

4 (Small).jpg

Stay tuned for more details, the final stage build pics, and videos!

Thank you to all who commented along the way! I couldn't have done it without your excellent suggestions, tips and support!!!

DoctorWho8

Hooray!  If she didn't say yes, you'd have a problem, but you'd still have the TARDIS. ;)  Congrats!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

linkjrep

Congrats! It looks fantastic! Also, your tenth doctor cosplay isn't too shabby :)

warmcanofcoke

Congratulations  ;D :D I hope you and your companion have many years of time traveling together. Magnificent work - and the Tardis isn't bad either.  ;)
Seriously  well done. (*Also commenting on the build - love the windows.)
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

nickdclements

Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Apr 09, 2013, 01:56 am
Congratulations  ;D :D I hope you and your companion have many years of time traveling together. Magnificent work - and the Tardis isn't bad either.  ;)
Seriously  well done.

Thank you!!

Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Apr 09, 2013, 01:56 am
(*Also commenting on the build - love the windows.)

And wow, really?! Thanks! That's awesome that you like them. They are probably the only '4 box' Tardis windows you'll see, but with my scale and proportions, it just worked better that way. And the "glass" is actually just $tore posterboard and cellophane! and hot glued molding >< -- I was down to the wire and I had to get them done as quickly but as nicely as possible, so that's what I came up with. So to get positive feed back on them is really great! If anything i was expecting to get criticized (not necessarily here, everyone here so far is really nice) for them being "wrong"

nickdclements

Apr 09, 2013, 03:57 am #35 Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 03:57 am by nickdclements
Quote from: linkjrep on Apr 09, 2013, 01:47 am
Congrats! It looks fantastic! Also, your tenth doctor cosplay isn't too shabby :)

Thanks!
Here's a better shot of the suit,
IMG_0073.jpg

it's a really nice blue pinstripe 3 piece suit that used to be my dads, I think it really makes a great tenant "blue suit/red shoes" cosplay :D Enough to where no one has given me grief about being a long-haired doctor ;)

warmcanofcoke

If you had put 6 windows into the tight fit it wouldn't of looked right. Personally for this scale Tardis I think your solution was great. It looks cute and I'm sure your Time Lady will find them endearing.  ;)
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Apr 09, 2013, 04:38 am #37 Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 04:38 am by galacticprobe
Congratulations! A proposal with this much love poured into it can only lead to great things. Now activate that Helmic Regulator, lock down that Gravitic Anomalizer, set coordinates and throw that Demat Lever to take your lovely lady (both of them) for some celebrating in the Eye of Orion (or Miliways... the choice is yours, but I can recommend both!). ;) ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

Apr 09, 2013, 06:21 am #38 Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 06:22 am by rassilonsrod
Congratulations! :)

Oh, is being a long-haired Doctor something to fear? (I'm a fellow long-haired hippy metaller) :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

davidnagel

Congrats from me!
Regards
David

nickdclements

Apr 09, 2013, 05:47 pm #40 Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 05:47 pm by nickdclements
The saddest Tardis pic ever  :-[
IMG_0125.JPG

DoctorWho8

It's like a real life 3D TARDIS puzzle!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

linkjrep

OH NO SOMEONE TURNED AMY AND RORY INTO STONE, SOMEBODY QUICK HELP THEM!!!
Btw, amazing job on the design. It looks a lot easier to carry than mine  :P

nickdclements

Apr 12, 2013, 02:49 pm #43 Last Edit: Apr 12, 2013, 02:51 pm by nickdclements

The camera cut out for the maiden build/assembly but here is the tear down in reverse! lol  :P

Volpone

Well, you got it done.  And she said "yes."  So congratulations are in order on both counts.  Well done. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.