Apr 19, 2024, 12:32 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Revenge Of The Cybermen Vogan Glitter Gun

Started by elkad, Jun 04, 2017, 04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

Jun 04, 2017, 04:54 pm Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017, 06:49 pm by elkad
Reference: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7742.msg97996;topicseen#msg97996

I'm staring this project off by making a grenade shell, cap gun, drum.
The way it works, pull out the cap gun drum which has copper tubes, one tube for each cap, the cap fires off in the tube igniting a piece of flash cotton.

Making a Grenade out of pipe fittings.
Glitter Gun (2).JPG
Glitter Gun (3).JPGGlitter Gun (4).JPGGlitter Gun (5).JPGGlitter Gun (6).JPGGlitter Gun (7).JPGGlitter Gun (9).JPGGlitter Gun (8).JPG

I made this piece awhile back, made from wire hanger, the ring broke off, needs modifying. Need a thicker bar, shorter tube.

Glitter Gun (10).JPG

elkad

Jun 05, 2017, 07:10 pm #1 Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017, 07:31 pm by elkad
I sand down the sides level with the cap & added holding pins so only the cap gun drum is the only thing that turns. (The cut piece of pipe is a test pipe to get my angels strait & see if everything works before citing the main barrel.)

Glitter Gun (13).JPGGlitter Gun (11).JPGGlitter Gun (12).JPG

I found the cap drum reducer was small on the outside, so I plan to grind down the side & glue on a PVC plate on top to make it level with the grenade body.
Glitter Gun (15).JPGGlitter Gun (17).JPGGlitter Gun (14).JPG

Anyone seen a video or sight that could tell me how to modify a cap gun to shoot flash cotton?
My last cap gun, I put copper tubes in each cap hole, glued it & the first shot ignited all the flash cotton wads in each, what I thought was separate, tubes.

Glitter Gun (18).JPGGlitter Gun (19).JPG

Davros Skaro

Don't know if this will help or make sense, but to me it seem that when you fire the first one, because the ends are open to the others, it flashes back & ignites the others. To remedy this you could have a non moving cover with just one hole in it, so that as you fire the first one the flash can't comeback to ignite the others, then when you rotate the cylinder for the next round (so to speak) the cover remains still but exposes the next round.

Like I said, I hope this makes sense.

Chris.
Chris.

elkad

Jun 06, 2017, 06:15 pm #3 Last Edit: Jun 06, 2017, 06:35 pm by elkad
Quote from: Davros Skaro on Jun 05, 2017, 11:55 pm
Don't know if this will help or make sense, but to me it seem that when you fire the first one, because the ends are open to the others, it flashes back & ignites the others. To remedy this you could have a non moving cover with just one hole in it, so that as you fire the first one the flash can't comeback to ignite the others, then when you rotate the cylinder for the next round (so to speak) the cover remains still but exposes the next round.

Like I said, I hope this makes sense.

Chris.

I'm going to glue ether PVC panels with per-drilled holes or silicon glue copper pipe over the holes. (I'm thinking the PVC panels with drilled holes will be easier. Better chance of a complete seal.)

Cap Drum.jpg

The tubes or holes will flat against an exit hole or pipe.

Glitter Gun Shell 02.jpg

elkad

Jun 08, 2017, 08:57 pm #4 Last Edit: Jun 08, 2017, 09:03 pm by elkad
Lining up the cap gun to the ammo drum is going to be difficult. I had to remove the trigger to get the gun flat against the drum. It's gong to take awhile to work out another trigger, & advance pin that pushes the ammo drum one click at a time.

Glitter Gun (20).JPGGlitter Gun (21).JPG

I'm using a cap for the mid section of the gun, were the barrel clips to the handle.

Glitter Gun (22).JPGGlitter Gun (23).JPGGlitter Gun (24).JPG

I sand down an 1" wood rod to fit in the shell, drilled a hole in the center & added another wood rod to hold the ammo drum.
Glitter Gun (25).JPG

Anyone have any ideas or videos they have seen on YouTube that could tell me how to line up the gun hammer to the ammo drum?