Everything has a beginning, even time!  And in the beginning;

Me "I need a man shed",
Her "for the garden stuff?
Me "no, for me, man stuff",
Her "OK, but we will need another shed for the garden stuff"
Me "OK, what sort of garden shed would you like?"
Her "Don't care",
Me "DONE!"

Strange thing life. One of my sons is a keen skater and with his apprentice carpenter friend built a half pipe while we were on holiday covering a large part of the garden. You can guess the rest and as a result I inherited a truck load of heavy timber and sheets of plywood. No MDF in this build!

Found lots of pics and building instructions on line (am in Sydney) and decided to make the 8 doors first. All went well, made the 8 but I knew something was not quite right, not sure what though. Who would have thought that 22.5 degrees could make such a difference! and heaps of extra work. Now life has taught me that if you do not fix this sort of mistake, it nags at you every time you see it. Fixing it is not an option!

First up you can't buy 22.5 degree moldings, not that I could find anyway, so I had to cut my own. 8 doors, 4 inserts, 4 sides in each, well that's only 128 and each insert is cut at both ends, that's 256, 90 degree cuts! But wait, there's more.  You see the timber I inherited was intended for studs and has rounded edges so when I put the inserts in I had a big gap to fill.

Not putting the angled edge on the timber at the beginning has added heaps of work and about 2 months to my build but getting there now. Any advice re signage would be appreciated.

Allons-y
Work Area.jpgPile of doors.jpgMouldings in place.jpg

DoctorWho8

Looking good! And you join many other Aussie and New Zealander builds too.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff