Apr 19, 2024, 02:05 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Torchwood TARDIS

Started by torchwood, Jan 22, 2013, 06:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

torchwood

Jan 22, 2013, 06:18 pm Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018, 08:56 pm by Scarfwearer
So I am starting out using the Plans posted from the Dr. who experience. Sadly it's 10 feet in height. Lucky for me i haver a 7.5 foot celling. So I have started reducing it's size by 25%. This was heart breaking to say the least since I wanted it to scale. But I just finished the plans for the base "well mostly" and wanted to share them and see what you all thought. image.jpeg

DoctorWho8

Would you like a copy of my plans with some measurements?  It's pretty close to the blueprints, but made to conform to normal inches rather than metric.  Might save you some trouble.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

torchwood

Jan 22, 2013, 08:04 pm #2 Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 08:04 pm by torchwood
That would be great email me chris_ evans658@yahoo.com

DoctorWho8

I jumped back in time and sent it a little bit ago. ;)

slidin_sidewayz

Normal inches indeed!  :-*

torchwood

OK  here it goes i spent some time converting the math 2006-Box-Plans.jpg original
ConvertedNo message is associated with this attachment. tomorrow I'll shrink it.

timewomble

Which on-screen Tardis does this correspond to? I can see that the dates are for 2004/2005, but it looks thinner than the box which was used for Christopher Ecclestone. The panels appear to be 435mm high by 410mm wide, which makes then taller than wide. I think the Ecclestone Tardis panels are wider than tall? I'm no expert, so hopefully somebody can correct me.

DoctorWho8

The doors have narrower panels than the sides on the original Series 1 props.  The plans have all 4 sides with the wider panels.  Subsequent boxes from Series 4 onwards have the narrower panels on all four sides.

torchwood

Here it is the reduced Tardis it's 25% smaller making 7.5 feet high. 2006boxplansredused.jpg

deck5

Trouble is with a direct scaling of 75% is that the door winds up being only 5'2" tall.

torchwood

Sigh your right I guess I just don't have the room for it,

deck5

I managed in similar space by reducing the size of the base and all the elements above the door until I hit on a combination I found aesthetically appealing -- and still had a door I didn't have to crouch to get into. :)

torchwood

Do you still have the plans lol and if so can u email them to me

deck5

Not sure if I have the spreadsheet still -- but anyway you may want a slightly different look.  My method was to figure out how tall I wanted the doors, and then figure out what was left over, and divide it up accordingly.  I did a few drawings/renders to see if I liked the results before I started building.  You can see the efforts/results in my profile.

torchwood

Yours did come out really well :p