type63

Jan 07, 2013, 09:01 am Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 09:05 am by type63
WP_000078.jpgWP_000077.jpg

type63

WP_000079.jpg

timerotor

Jan 08, 2013, 12:15 am #2 Last Edit: Aug 20, 2013, 06:55 pm by timerotor
Hi, it's wonderful isn't it...
I have told them repeatedly that the lighting has been changed behind the 1980's set, which makes it look strange as it was never lit like this. They have a strip of LCD lights which give a blue hue with white light (totally wrong)
They don't listen to me as I no longer work there on a day to day basis.
But it doesn't look as good as it did before. sorry.
I also hear that its never sinked up with the sound effects and never very loud.
It's such a shame, because at Olympia - everyone knew that it was important to fans of the classic show and they made a special effort - not just to please myself, but for the public & to make it look absolutely as though you had just stepped through the doors like a companion would've.
This really does show how little importance the classic series stuff has to the present staff - it's all about the new series, naturally... everyone there is young and into the new series.
The guys who work there and run the place are really nice guys, but they lack the expertise and attention to detail of such things, which spoils it - as I did not design THAT lighting (what I placed has been removed.)
IMG_1570.jpg
THIS is how I left it in July 2012! - pretty different, hey!?
anyway at least its still there LOL
MBH timerotor  ;D (rant over)
quick update!
2013 and it's lit properly again thanks to Ni & Jeff in Cardiff

MBH timerotor
living, learning, loving, refurbing, & preserving!

Mark

Valid rant and I agree with all your points!

Lungman

I'm sure everyone would agree with me, Mark, that we ALL appreciate your hard work and attention to detail. Without your help none of us would have had the privilege of seeing it (and the other exhibits you worked on) in such an authentic setting. Thankfully we all have a number of photos and videos that we can still drool over!  :D

rustymetaldog

Agreed, it was the best thing at Olympia, beautifully lit and with an accurate soundtrack, it really was like stepping into the tv programme, I'll not forget it, ever! :)
Build high for happiness :)

timerotor

Jan 09, 2013, 12:12 am #6 Last Edit: Jan 10, 2013, 09:46 pm by timerotor
aw cheers guys   ;) I almost deleted my post, for fear of seeming too precious, but I'm glad I left it.
Don't want anyone to think that I lit THAT! LOL
I am a real believer in exhibiting the BEST, and not accept the 'That'll do' approach... & I can't stand sloppy attention to detail in finishing touches (such as the lighting) -especially after all the hard work that went into building and refurbing etc - to quote Basil Fawlty, "I mean what's the bloody point?!!"

anyway, HAPPY 2013 to all! Rusty Metal Dog, Lugman, Mark & Type 63 EVERYONE!

Not much been going on lately Doctor Who wise for me, but I am taking some time out to go to te BFI this weekend to see An UnEarthly Child in the CINEMA wooWhoo!!! or should that be WOOOOWHOOWOOOOOO WOOOWOOO, WOO WOO WOO, WA WOO, WA WOO, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN, DUN, DUN, DUN DOO
DOO (SORRY)  :P
living, learning, loving, refurbing, & preserving!

DoctorWho8

Nothing wrong with letting your fanboy flag fly, son. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Avadh

Back in all its glory and restored by the genius that is Timerotor. This is the tardis that I remember and grew up with from my childhood.

Sofia Fox

Does anybody know where the props at the Experience will go? To the BBC's storage?
Sofia, the infrequent builder and forumer.

tony farrell

The DWE has it's own separate warehouse/storeroom where such things as the 'blobby' (as opposed to the fully tentacled) Axon monster are held in storage.

Also, don't forget that many of the props and costumes are actually not owned by the DWE but are held by them on a "long loan" basis.

T