News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2012/2013 Console Room

Started by pmc, Dec 28, 2012, 03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pmc

Dec 28, 2012, 03:38 pm Last Edit: Dec 29, 2012, 12:49 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi all.

Well I thought id have a go at virtually building the new console room. I really like this version, back to propper switches and levers and non of that junk yard trash.

This is very early and as there isn't allot of reference material out there this is only done by eye using the pictures uploaded by Kingpin so will be very inaccurate.

ncr01.jpg

Anyway this will get more detailed and precise over the next few months.

Paul.

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

riftmaster

I am also going to make a 3d model of this console - gathering reference material now. If I find anything really useful, I will let you know.

Dan.

DarthMoose74

handofomega

Looks great so far.   I was going to try may hand at it in Sketch-Up as well.

Vale

The basic framework looks great so far - I think those arched buttresses are the thing about the room I like most. It reminds me a bit of the Myst games for some reason. Once your model is complete you'll have to try a version with real roundels so we can see what it would look like ;)

pmc

Dec 29, 2012, 03:24 pm #6 Last Edit: Jan 05, 2013, 06:37 pm by pmc
The lit up roundels on the upper floor look good, a really good idea for a simple build project. Would look good going down my hallway.

Paul.

handofomega

The one thing I love about this new design is that depending on what textures you use it can lend itself to many different looks from high tech to steampunk.

pmc

Dec 30, 2012, 05:58 pm #8 Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012, 06:01 pm by pmc
Just been changing a few things around today. The walkway between the entrance and console level is longer in keeping with the reference pics. I have created all the upper deck lights, walls and door. Only thing left to do here is create the blue lit roundels.

I'm struggling with relative dimensions  ;) I have created this based on a person 180cm tall, but getting things just right is a problem.

ncr03.jpg

The colours are just to distinguish details, non of the textures have been considered yet.

Rassilons Rod

That's really starting to come to life :)
Public Enema Number One.

madgaz

More reference pictures (hopefully) in DWM whi issue that takes a look at the new TARDIS.

Gaz  :)

pmc

Jan 03, 2013, 02:45 pm #11 Last Edit: Jan 03, 2013, 03:40 pm by pmc
A few more updates. Lower floor walls are in and the blue lit up roundels on the upper floor are in too. You cant see these too well due to the distance. Again colours are just to define different shapes/objects.

ncr04.jpg

Also started on the time rotor, you cant really see the glass here as I'm trying to do quick renders as its a work in progress.

ncr05.jpg

Paul.

Rassilons Rod

Great progress :)

I like this new room a lot, my only issue is that I STILL wish they hadn't done away with the double inner doors...

But it's my favourite of the 3 new series ones by a long way. Really enjoying watching your progress :)
Public Enema Number One.

davidnagel

Great stuff, looking forward to the finished render. The doorway reminds me of the late 60s Dalek doors.

I hope the BBC ask you to make the DVD menus for the Series 7B/8 releases ;)
Regards
David

type63

Great work! I am enjoying seeing your progress :)