Mar 28, 2024, 08:24 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Console Rocker Switches

Started by wayne venomous, Aug 15, 2011, 08:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne venomous

Aug 15, 2011, 08:14 pm Last Edit: Dec 24, 2012, 12:25 pm by Scarfwearer
Yay! The welding equipment at my work has the same rocker switches as seen in this photo on various banks of switches, particularly on the second bottom bank of switches on the right:
DSCF1151.jpg

This type:
MFG_JWM21RA2A-UCV.jpg

warmcanofcoke

Quote from: wayne venomous on Aug 15, 2011, 08:14 pm
Yay! The welding equipment at my work has the same rocker switches as seen in this photo on various banks of switches, particularly on the second bottom bank of switches on the right:
DSCF1151.jpg

This type:
MFG_JWM21RA2A-UCV.jpg

This is just my opinion - but I think these are the correct switches.
IMG_5290A_zps140ed611.jpg
IMG_5288A_zps23d19275.jpg
(only have 25 of these chrome switches so far - they are rather expensive ... one day I'll have enough)
I believe this particular switch is the same switch as used on the Five Doctor's Console (it is also in the Apem Catalog:
APEM - H21CG1 - ROCKER SWITCH, DPST, GREY and RS 334-599 - DPST Chrome Colour Rocker Switch, 16A are the same switch.)
if you go to some of the many websites that sell these it will run you around $10 U.S. per switch ($23 if you use eBay) I need an additional 31 Switches .... unless I find a sales lot on ebay that are not going to break the bank.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

DoctorWho8

Nate, Wayne is talking about the black power switches like the ones on the bottom left of Panel 1.
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?action=dlattach;k=326;topic=2635.0;attach=36115;image

Those are not original switches.  They should all be the red, black, and white flip switches like these on the center left of panel 1.
http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?action=dlattach;k=326;topic=2635.0;attach=36111;image

Since the console got refurbished before the London Experience opened, this missing flipped switches were replaced with the black power switches.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

warmcanofcoke

d'oa  :-\

I meant well ... rats guess i misread that.

Lungman

I've managed to source a cheap alternative to these expensive little beggers. I've purchased five of them through an ebay seller and tracked the manufacturer to China. They are a YIS R2112 and are about $1.35 AUD each. This price doesn't include postage and handling, which seems to be quite expensive (around $60 AUD). If anyone is interested, we could split the charges? I'm looking to order 60 of these which should be enough. Here's a pic...

GR2112.jpg
2112.jpg

They are the closest match to the real thing that I've managed to find. Both the actuator and bezel are a comparable design and size. The acutuator is black but could be sprayed to have a metallic look.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Sep 26, 2012, 06:24 pm
Quote from: wayne venomous on Aug 15, 2011, 08:14 pm
DSCF1151.jpg

This type:
MFG_JWM21RA2A-UCV.jpg

This is just my opinion - but I think these are the correct switches.
IMG_5290A_zps140ed611.jpg
IMG_5288A_zps23d19275.jpg
(only have 25 of these chrome switches so far - they are rather expensive ... one day I'll have enough)
I believe this particular switch is the same switch as used on the Five Doctor's Console (it is also in the Apem Catalog:
APEM - H21CG1 - ROCKER SWITCH, DPST, GREY and RS 334-599 - DPST Chrome Colour Rocker Switch, 16A are the same switch.)
if you go to some of the many websites that sell these it will run you around $10 U.S. per switch ($23 if you use eBay) I need an additional 31 Switches .... unless I find a sales lot on ebay that are not going to break the bank.

warmcanofcoke

Dec 24, 2012, 01:09 am #5 Last Edit: Dec 24, 2012, 01:16 am by warmcanofcoke
Nice find.

for comparison here are the dimensions of the APEM - H21CG1 switches
apemSwitches_zps28673287.jpg

warmcanofcoke

Quote from: Lungman on Dec 23, 2012, 10:31 pm
YIS R2112 and are about $1.35 AUD each.

I think I found the switch you are talking about here http://www.lyricshin.com/item.aspx?cid=46&sid=132&type=3

it says that both the 2112 and 2113 are Momentary On switches ... this could mean that they spring back into place after your stop pressing them.

Lungman

Good point, though after closer inspection, the R-2112M is the momentary version. The R-2112 is ON-OFF. Hope this helps! :)

warmcanofcoke