Apr 18, 2024, 02:46 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Found in the 2013 diary

Started by slidin_sidewayz, Dec 02, 2012, 01:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

slidin_sidewayz

I'm surprised this has appeared in print. I haven't seen anything like it since the technical manual. Has the Beeb softened?20121201_165909.jpg

DoctorWho8

They have the plans posted at the DW Wxperience. That said the final box differed on the front doors having narrower panels than the sides.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

evil bob

Those numbers look a lot like your PDF dimensions...  (after you divide by 25.4 I mean)

DoctorWho8

Yeah, I wasn't too far off, considering I had to round things to normal imperial measurements.  The base width on the plans is about 7/16 wider than what I have the base at, so that's about as spot on for a guestimate from 7.5 years ago as you can get.

superrichi1a

As DoctorWho8 said they have the full plans in the Experience, that's one of 8 drawings each depicting detailed dimensions for each part ;) I guess it must bean the Beeb are loosening up then... if they're actually publishing them now. Yipee! :D
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Elvis Gump

This is kind of fortunate info for me because I just bought part of my wood today and am about to start building my 2005/2010 hybrid. I've been trying to draw up on the PDF that says the base is 60" wide all the other dimensions. Lacking a CAD program, I just imported the PDF into Adobe Illustrator and scaled the thing up to actual "size". I've been using the measuring function in Illustrator to work out all the other dimensions. I'm wondering if it's against the rules to ask if someone would double check my measurements against any constructions they've done and see if I'm correct?

Otherwise I'll try to work off this one.

Gregory Hacienda

Where are these said plans on the experience site?  I can't find them

kiwidoc

They're physically posted up at the venue as part of a display, they're not on the website.

Gregory Hacienda

would it be against forum rules if someone photographed them and posted them for us lowly folks living oh, a few thousand miles away from said experience?

DoctorWho8

Someone already has.  There are somewhere in the reference section.

galacticprobe

Jan 02, 2013, 09:33 pm #10 Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013, 09:33 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: DoctorWho8 on Jan 02, 2013, 04:24 pm
Someone already has.  There are somewhere in the reference section.

I think they may have been pulled. I've looked all through the NST areas of the Reference section, even searched using several combinations of key words, and I haven't been able to locate that post. If it still exists then it's well hidden (and if someone does know where it is a link to that thread would be nice).

If that post doesn't exist anymore, then maybe the person who originally posted it could re-post it? I managed to snag a copy of the photos when they were posted (just in case ;)), but I can't remember who posted them to give them credit for taking the photos, so I don't want to re-post them myself.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Scarfwearer

Photos of the DWE plans were posted by several people, and were indeed pulled by the staff - the thought being that an appearance at the DWE was not a clear enough signal to us that the restriction had been generally relaxed.
When this book was published, we took that to indicate that these plans are not now regarded as confidential by the Beeb.
I've reinstated (and retitled) one of the postings of the photos, and put it in the Plans board, here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4040.0

Thanks to everyone who let us know about them originally.

Crispin