Apr 19, 2024, 09:28 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS flies to Minneapolis Minnesota

Started by nautiluskirk, Nov 30, 2012, 10:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nautiluskirk

Nov 30, 2012, 10:48 pm Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012, 02:32 pm by Scarfwearer
I built this TARDIS  and flew it to Minneapolis before permanently landing it in Bloomington, Minnesota.TARDIS in Minneapolis.JPGBloomington TARDIS.JPG
Kirk

DoctorWho8

Nice meld of 1980's and 2010 TARDIS designs. Is it only 5ft tall?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

nautiluskirk

Dec 01, 2012, 06:49 am #2 Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012, 06:49 am by nautiluskirk
It is about 6 1/2 ft. to the top of the lamp and I would say the design was "based" on the TARDIS. I built this for my girlfriend, she chose the color. It is also a "Little Free Library" # 4048.
http://www.littlefreelibrary.org/Library.JPG
Kirk

rasalon

That is by far the best use of the tardis I've seen so far, great way to give to the community, just make sure that are some Dr who books there. (does the sign light up?)

nautiluskirk

Thank you.  The signs ( and light on top ) are not lit now but I designed it so they could easily be.  The signs are lexan pieces that slide into place and the top light / lens is accessible from below.build.jpg
Kirk

mordrogyn

That is a fantastic idea, and a great use for a TARDIS... should be enough room inside there to put all the books that were ever written :P
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

nautiluskirk

I have left a guest book inside... many positive comments so far. Kirk Brustscale.JPG
Kirk

tony farrell

May I add my own (very) positive comment to your 'virtual' guest book? Brilliant!
Tony

geminitimelord

Nice Build! I am 5 hours south of you in Moline, IL.

What Scale is your TARDIS?

nautiluskirk

Dec 02, 2012, 05:30 pm #9 Last Edit: Dec 02, 2012, 05:39 pm by nautiluskirk
It is no particular scale really.  I found this TARDIS  drawing, printed it and brought it to a copy center to have it enlarged to about 6 feet high - this just seemed a good size for the Little Library project. I ended up drawing my own prints for every part to make it work for me.   I modified some areas as personal preference and to streamline the build which took about 5 weeks.  Additional pics here..      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xdiln0kj1hkri6o/EsAf9GmsOP
I saw your build photos - VERY nice!

Karstens-TARDIS-Plans.jpg
Kirk

evil bob

Very nice! I posted your pic on a friend of mine's facebook page. He's a Whovian and a Librarian.

nautiluskirk

Apr 21, 2013, 02:46 pm #11 Last Edit: Apr 21, 2013, 03:25 pm by nautiluskirk
snow Dalek b.jpg
Kirk

Volpone

HA!  The CFL head things and paint roller gun are clever.  No plunger for the hand?  What are the hand and eye-stalk? 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

nautiluskirk

The hand an eye stalk are plastic butter containers nailed to wood sticks and painted black.
Kirk

galacticprobe

Apr 22, 2013, 03:57 am #14 Last Edit: Apr 22, 2013, 03:57 am by galacticprobe
Now that is clever improvising!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"