Mar 29, 2024, 01:44 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Gideon's Way, The Firebug [1964]

Started by domvar, Nov 22, 2012, 11:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

domvar

Mark

Just a thought, the St John plaque looks less like a plaque and more like a sticker on this box. Notice the way it looks as though it has been slightly painted over around the edges and no sign of the domed screws?

Maybe thats why there is no evidence of a St John plaque on the Crich box (eg screw holes) because it was some sort of sticker?

The box in the screen grab looks pretty authentic though.

domvar

hb88banzai

Nov 23, 2012, 01:32 am #3 Last Edit: Nov 23, 2012, 01:58 am by hb88banzai
I was thinking the same thing. The spike on top of the wall is a bit different, but the molded top is identical and about the right height.

X20 - http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=3723.0

Any other opinions?

EDIT: In looking at the current street view I see that the differences in the spikes is just that this one is perfectly end on. Matches exactly - I think this is almost definitely X20.

hb88banzai

Quote from: Mark on Nov 23, 2012, 01:10 am
Just a thought, the St John plaque looks less like a plaque and more like a sticker on this box. Notice the way it looks as though it has been slightly painted over around the edges and no sign of the domed screws?

I think that's just because of the very low resolution of the image. Here's a blowup --

Gideon's Way, The Firebug (1964)-St John Blowup.JPG

It looks exactly like the four-screw versions of the St. John signs, and I see the hint of a screw dome at the bottom location.

DoctorWho8

An odd feature on this box, the left "door" is wider than the right door.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

hb88banzai

Nov 23, 2012, 05:56 am #6 Last Edit: Nov 23, 2012, 05:58 am by hb88banzai
This is fairly normal for Barnet type boxes. Take a look at Barnet itself --

barnet-big2-Converted.jpg

The wooden door panel is quite a bit different than the adjoining concrete panel (ironageman's dimensions bear this out as well). I believe the effect is exaggerated by the angle and close quarters of the "Gideon's Way" shot.