Apr 19, 2024, 09:47 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Eccleston/ Tennant Console Gear Knob part source

Started by whovian-almighty, Oct 08, 2012, 08:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whovian-almighty

Oct 08, 2012, 08:25 pm Last Edit: Oct 30, 2012, 05:34 pm by Scarfwearer
for those who are building this TARDIS ( museumdave ) I suggest you glance over to Halfords who currently have what was identified as a 'Gear Knob' on sale for £1.00 ;)

grab it whilst you can! probably the cheapest thing on the console!  :P

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_154624_langId_-1_categoryId_165732
So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you want to start?

galacticprobe

Oct 09, 2012, 04:28 am #1 Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 08:52 pm by galacticprobe
Nice spotting that! Unfortunately is says on the site, "Not available for delivery" ("FREE Reserve & Collect in-store in only an hour"). So someone out of the area would have to make arrangements with someone living near this store to go in, buy it for them, and then have your "contact" ship the Gear Knob shipped out of the area.

It has been done before, and most times with this or some other "UK/EU-only" items many members in the UK have been more than eager to help those of us living way out of the area obtain those items. So I just wanted to let everyone know that this shiny wonder of a knob isn't a simple 'place the order and await delivery'-type. You need someone to pick it up in person and then ship it to you.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

museumdave

"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?