Apr 20, 2024, 02:58 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A Big Blue Dirty Box

Started by twinbuilder, Oct 10, 2012, 07:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorWho8

Nice!  It's got a Newbury feel to the color scheme.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

museumdave

WOW
:o

um -not to over state the appreciation of your build, but I think I am in love- this is GREAT!!!!

wonderful job,

cheers

M.D.
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

firefly4322

Nov 03, 2012, 03:04 am #32 Last Edit: Nov 03, 2012, 03:05 am by firefly4322
Your TARDIS is looking great!  I am new to this site and am anxious to start a TARDIS project of my own.  Where did you get your measurements?

linkjrep

@firefly4322 if you haven't done so yet, grab a copy of Bill Rudolf's plans. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Good luck.

twinbuilder

Nov 03, 2012, 05:27 pm #34 Last Edit: Nov 03, 2012, 05:28 pm by twinbuilder
Thanks for you kind words:O)

A bit more colour and a few more washes got to , making it lighter before you make it darker!!:O)

Check what a friend Sam (who is on here too) has made on facebook my Tardis will be on hear shortly too:O)  Great to get lots of good tardis sites!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/376480342435881/
IMG_0808.jpg

rasskin

looking very nice.

this is your second box isn't it?

thanks for the facebook nod. just to say, I appreciate not everyone likes FB and I didn't want you all to think it was intended to be a rival to this fantastic site!
the idea Paul and i had was to have a page we could use to liaise over potential bookings for charity. granted it was very much with the UK in mind, but you're all most welcome!

:)

twinbuilder

Nov 04, 2012, 04:40 pm #36 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012, 04:40 pm by twinbuilder
No this is my first but my timing is all wrong:O)

twinbuilder

Hey....its starting to look the part now ;D plastic glass in with hot glue stuck on wooden frames and bubble/crack type glass end pieces stuck over the top:O)   I have a very large 8 foot by 3 foot sheet if anyone needs some:O)

windows.jpg

DoctorWho8

She's looking great!

twinbuilder

Time for an arty picture as the sun went down today, nice winter light:O)  Weathering finished on three sides and top.  Now to finish it off and wire it up!

IMGP5737.jpg

DoctorWho8

Looks the part!

atomicgraph

you've got a great looking tardis there. it came out perfect, and you really captured the feel of the tennet box. good job man you must be proud.

FloppyDiskNinja

Damn, That is arty  ;)
Looks great, and will look even better with the lights. Can't wait to see,
well done and thanks for bringing another tardis into the world.

-FloppyDiskNinja

Rassilons Rod

Despite being an NST, it reminds me of an old style Newberry photo. Really nice :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

twinbuilder

Lights are in (all 240volts) and moved the dirty blue box outside for a few photos:O) More photos tomorrow working on the phone and secret key place now:O)
IMG_0875.jpg