Apr 25, 2024, 02:25 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A Big Blue Dirty Box

Started by twinbuilder, Oct 10, 2012, 07:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbuilder

Hey...Ive spent the whole day sanding it down and then taking a BIG Blow torch to it BURN BABY BURN!! Then finally hitting it with wire scrubbing wheel on an end of a drill!  Can't believed torched all my hard work!:O)

IMG_0797.jpg

DoctorWho8

That's how they did it on the 2005 boxes. :)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

twinbuilder

Thats the build Im trying to follow as I like the weathering:O)

Yoz

looking great! When did you start your build? You cant see the start of it on your photos and you obviously started before your diary did  ;)
TARDISbuilding is really Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff!

twinbuilder

Its a long on build I started a while back:O) Still finishing it! Lots to do:O)

atomicgraph

nice i can't wait to see the results from this. good luck its already lookin very familiar

twinbuilder

Im sure this is the wrong blue?? ;D  The build is now taking shape, first coat on:O)

Tried out the plastic signs which just side into the light box and then the end cap gets screwed on.

undercoat.jpg

rasskin

i quite fancy the idea of a black and white version for a Hartnell and Troughton theme :)

twinbuilder

see where you going with that ;D

twinbuilder

Been playing around with some paint on the phone door and came up with colours I like and seem to be collect to my eye.  It has a black/brown wash on top.  ;D

IMG_0810.jpg

galacticprobe

Oct 31, 2012, 08:51 pm #25 Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 08:51 pm by galacticprobe
It looks pretty good to my eye, too. What color blue did you finally settle on? Your "wash" also looks fantastic. Great job!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

twinbuilder

Ive used about 7 colours and mixed them up as I painted on the door, then the black/brown wash colour:O)

atomicgraph

thats looking realy good. looks like you've got the tenet box weathering and look nailed. great job man.

ThisJustinOnline

Weathering looks fantastic! Build looks very neat as well! Look forward to seeing her done up!

twinbuilder

Three coats of different blues mixed on the now blue box another few coats to do plus the weathering!:O)

IMG_0812.jpg