Apr 25, 2024, 07:03 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A Big Blue Dirty Box

Started by twinbuilder, Oct 10, 2012, 07:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbuilder

Helloo!

Well its about time I started this party! 

Been looking / researching on here for a while and been collecting all the sizes, photos etc! 

I've start the build already in fact its standing up so we have some catching up to do so here is a photo. Pictures speak louder than words!  Its a full size box and will live inside, it will break down into a flat pack style box (easy to transport and store if required).  Base, four pillars, four side, four light boxes and a roof.

Its a big build!!

P :O)

blog1.jpg

DoctorWho8

Hooray! Is that one from my plans or did you do up a set yourself?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

atomicgraph

wow its shaping up to be quite the beast. great work so far

twinbuilder

Yes Bill some details taken  from your lovely plans plus some help from other people on here and via the Internet;0) hours of Internet searching;0)

twinbuilder

Another day another dollar and the light boxes are on the box!IMG_0779.jpg

This build is a NO screw or bolt assemble build all that is holding the box up is pin hinges!  Quick build and pack away as  I have an idea for a tardis flash mob!:O)

davidnagel

Clever idea! And looking good so far. You have to let us take a closer look at these  hinges!

I've always thought about having just as quick to put together for fan films...
Regards
David

twinbuilder

Will post a few photos of the hinges shortly, but in the meantime I hit the the roof today with the tools, I made it very light weight so that its an easy two man lift up:O)IMG_0786.jpg

twinbuilder

Well with another pair of hands and a small ladder the roof was on however I could not help myself I put the light on (all the way from USA via amazon a candle holder chopped around a bit:O) )

roofon.jpg

evil bob

Your build is fantastic!

twinbuilder

Thanks for the kind words...

All the sides are on now and roof is fixed, keep forgetting to get a photo of the hinges will do tomorrow:O) It goes up now in 4 minutes flat!:O)roofandsides.jpg

geminitimelord

Well I have been off here for a while and wow what did I miss! This build reminds me of the one in TEXAS that Phil did. Excellent craftsmanship sir!

twinbuilder

Here is one of the hinges that holds the dirty box up right and together! The two metal hinges come together and all you need to do is pop the pin in and its fixed!  Nice and strong and easy to pull apart!

hinge.jpg

twinbuilder

thanks for your kind words...the hard work is just begining!

atomicgraph

Top notch build, those hinges look like there pretty easy to manage. I've hung doors before and it's always a struggle to get everything lined up.

twinbuilder

A few hours spent on the BIG wooden box today jigging the roof and light boxes:O)

Roof.jpg