What are good paint choices for a TARDIS?

Started by Scarfwearer, Apr 27, 2005, 09:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarfwearer

Apr 27, 2005, 09:03 pm Last Edit: Apr 23, 2010, 11:04 am by Scarfwearer
The TV TARDIS has varied in colour over the years. Some people seem to like a paint called "Oxford Blue", but I don't know which manufacturer uses this name.

In the US I used "Carbon Blue", which I think is in the "Behr" paint range (though it was a long time ago now).

Crispin

Apr 27, 2005, 09:10 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2010, 02:10 pm by scarfwearer
For my model boxes I use Mariner blue emulsion (A colour from Brewers paint shop) mixed with ultra marine acrylic(Daler Rowney) and a bit of black,I think its all down to personal taste really,way I do it is go for a generic colour and weather it,that way you can get all the shades in ;D

Volpone

Our British friends could set me straight, but I'm pretty sure "Oxford blue" is the official color for Oxford University.  I did some work with Google awhile back and found the paint code.  I could pop out to the garage and see what color I settled on for mine--it wound up pretty close to Oxford blue--but I just spent a half hour running with the dog, followed by three more raking leaves and I'm about to curl up in a ball and sleep for a couple hours. 

Geez, this BBS is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. ;)  I keep finding new areas in it and there is more information than I'll ever have time to read. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

copernicus

For my build I have used a paint by Dulux called Oxford Blue satin weathershield When it goes on it is very light in colour but when dry is a nice dark blue. As the name implies it is meant to be weatherproof for up to seven years.

ValentinoRossy

I'll be using Ronseal Midnight Blue for the exterior of my Tardis themed garden shed. £15 for 5lr from B&Q so it's not very expensive and the colour is pretty much what I want.